In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,402,860 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Sep 05, 2013, 01:59:24 PM
Quote from: maledoro on Sep 03, 2013, 11:45:08 AM
What I find to be amusing is that the people who insisted that the US should invade Iraq and Afghanistan when Bush 43 was in office are now against going to Syria with anti-Obama commentary.

So true, What's more depressing is this meme that seems to be catching on with the twenty something confused libertarian/conservative crowd.

It's because libertarians and conservatives have selective goldfish memory.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 05, 2013, 03:27:55 PM
It can't be helped that there are fools out there who still believe Obama is some sort of Heaven-sent saviour.

No one believes that Obama is Jesus reborn. Compare that to the Tea-Con-Tarian crowd on the other hand who firmly believes that Obama is the Anti-Christ for sure and has to be fought and repelled at any cost, even if it means to completely destroy the country (...and the rest of the world) while they're at it. If Obama says that the sky is blue the Right will throw a fit and call it orange. If Obama approves a right-wing policy/action, the Right will disapprove of it if it even if they were the ones who came up with in the first place.

Personally I don't know where I stand when it comes to Syria.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 05, 2013, 07:14:15 PM

Everybody does that to a certain extent.  :P

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Cal427eb on Sep 05, 2013, 07:33:01 PM

Of course. But there is convenient selectiveness & cherry-picking, and then there is complete dementia, shameless history revision and paranoia disillusions. For every day that passes by the Right's denial and the drifting into darker, murkier and more wingnut ridden waters is taking them further and further out the fringe, silencing and pushing away the moderates and the ones who look for solutions rather than complete obstruction and gridlock.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 05, 2013, 03:27:55 PM
It can't be helped that there are fools out there who still believe Obama is some sort of Heaven-sent saviour.

He did save us in Independence Day...

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 05, 2013, 03:27:55 PMIt can't be helped that there are fools out there who still believe Obama is some sort of Heaven-sent saviour.
Aside from right-wing hate radio, I've never known of their existence. I've known lots of people who have voted for him (myself, included) and I have never heard anyone of them beatifying him.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 05, 2013, 07:46:46 PM

Of course. But there is convenient selectiveness & cherry-picking, and then there is complete dementia, shameless history revision and paranoia disillusions. For every day that passes by the Right's denial and the drifting into darker, murkier and more wingnut ridden waters is taking them further and further out the fringe, silencing and pushing away the moderates and the ones who look for solutions rather than complete obstruction and gridlock.

I think this is due to the left becoming more centre Left, so the right have to go more nutjob extreme right to find a base.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 06, 2013, 12:55:14 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 05, 2013, 03:27:55 PMIt can't be helped that there are fools out there who still believe Obama is some sort of Heaven-sent saviour.
Aside from right-wing hate radio, I've never known of their existence. I've known lots of people who have voted for him (myself, included) and I have never heard anyone of them beatifying him.

Lol, I didn't mean that literally. Sorry, I should've clarified. There are people who are still on the "Hope" and "Yes We Can" bandwagon. If that works for you, whatever, but they're deluding themselves.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 06, 2013, 11:06:51 AMLol, I didn't mean that literally. Sorry, I should've clarified. There are people who are still on the "Hope" and "Yes We Can" bandwagon. If that works for you, whatever, but they're deluding themselves.
Well, let's see: the economy has picked up over the past few years and unemployment has dropped. Based on that, yes we can hope for a better three more years; provided that Boehner and his buddies don't misbehave even worse.

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Rong on Sep 06, 2013, 03:27:57 AM

I think this is due to the left becoming more centre Left, so the right have to go more nutjob extreme right to find a base.

I think it has more to do with cons/libert(and America in general), being war weary and how financially the US can't really afford another war.  The economy needs to be fixed at home, MUCH more so than aiding one enemy to fight another(AQ/Muslim Brootherhood the rebels vs Hezbollah, Assad).  Should let our enemies kill each other. 

Really, I mean we are going to intervene in this 2+ year war after 100,000 people have died now because chemical weapons are being used?!  Let's not do anything about the millions that have died in Sudan over going to the wrong church.  Puhleeze, the stench of this false righteousness is worse than week old curry. 

It's political posturing over natural resources, plain and simple.  It's the US being the muscle for Saudi oil(Saudis who are funding the rebels), vs a proposed Natural gas pipeline that would extend from Syria to Russia. 

And for what it's worth, the meme is funny. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 06, 2013, 11:59:34 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 06, 2013, 11:06:51 AMLol, I didn't mean that literally. Sorry, I should've clarified. There are people who are still on the "Hope" and "Yes We Can" bandwagon. If that works for you, whatever, but they're deluding themselves.
Well, let's see: the economy has picked up over the past few years and unemployment has dropped. Based on that, yes we can hope for a better three more years; provided that Boehner and his buddies don't misbehave even worse.

What about an increase in U.S. military action in Iraq coupled with a higher debt than Bush ever gave you when he was in office?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 06, 2013, 12:05:21 PMWhat about an increase in U.S. military action in Iraq coupled with a higher debt than Bush ever gave you when he was in office?
You mean the increase that took place during and after him taking troops out of Iraq? There are less people there than before.

As for there being a higher debt, you can't really blame him for that. A lot of it is from interest from what was spent before him being in office and the fact that the Republicans don't want to raise taxes to pay it off.

I'm going to make it easy for all of us. When it comes to the US economy still not being up to snuff, whenever someone says "Obama", I'm going to say "Boehner". Check out the Senate and House websites to see who votes for what, instead of listening to Rush Limbaugh or Ezra Levant.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: m41guy on Sep 06, 2013, 12:03:31 PM
Quote from: Rong on Sep 06, 2013, 03:27:57 AM

I think it has more to do with cons/libert(and America in general), being war weary and how financially the US can't really afford another war.  The economy needs to be fixed at home, MUCH more so than aiding one enemy to fight another(AQ/Muslim Brootherhood the rebels vs Hezbollah, Assad).  Should let our enemies kill each other. 

Really, I mean we are going to intervene in this 2+ year war after 100,000 people have died now because chemical weapons are being used?!  Let's not do anything about the millions that have died in Sudan over going to the wrong church.  Puhleeze, the stench of this false righteousness is worse than week old curry. 

It's political posturing over natural resources, plain and simple.  It's the US being the muscle for Saudi oil(Saudis who are funding the rebels), vs a proposed Natural gas pipeline that would extend from Syria to Russia. 

Military industrial complex is good for the US

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 06, 2013, 12:26:25 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 06, 2013, 12:05:21 PMWhat about an increase in U.S. military action in Iraq coupled with a higher debt than Bush ever gave you when he was in office?
You mean the increase that took place during and after him taking troops out of Iraq? There are less people there than before.

As for there being a higher debt, you can't really blame him for that. A lot of it is from interest from what was spent before him being in office and the fact that the Republicans don't want to raise taxes to pay it off.

I'm going to make it easy for all of us. When it comes to the US economy still not being up to snuff, whenever someone says "Obama", I'm going to say "Boehner". Check out the Senate and House websites to see who votes for what, instead of listening to Rush Limbaugh or Ezra Levant.

Lol Boehners! Boehners in the Hizzzouse!

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: m41guy on Sep 06, 2013, 12:03:31 PM

Of course it has to do with that. We only go to war if it's worth the payoff. We're not the world's Good Samaritan (despite what some people think). This war, like any other US war, is motivated by power/money. Even so, we have more of a 'legitimate' case this time around than let's say Gulf War I & II, Viet Nam etc. But no matter how you turn it around it is still us playing US World Police.

What is really funny though this time is that the Right all of a sudden behave all peacenik hippy-dippy "we shall overcome" / end US imperialism NOW!... (hmm...I wonder why?), when they have always been the first to support war (except for the Libertarians) no matter what. Kind of illustrates what I said earlier about how psychotic and wingnut crazy the right has become 'lately' (worse than ever).
If the Kenyan Muslim Communist President gives thumbs up for a war that the right-wing had a sever craving for and demanded just a couple of months ago, they will now stounchly say NO to it now, behaving all holier than thou. It's staggering, especially since we now have proof of chemical weapons being used against the Syrian population. Beyond hypocrisy.

maledoro

maledoro

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed