In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,402,950 times)

Aspie

Aspie

http://news.yahoo.com/juror-zimmerman-had-defend-himself-020158365.html

QuoteThe juror said she didn't think Martin's race was the reason that Zimmerman followed him. She said she also believed Martin threw the first punch and that Zimmerman, whom she referred to as "George," had a right to defend himself.

"I have no doubt George feared for his life in the situation he was in at the time," the juror said.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It appears that at least two of the jurors wanted to convict Zimmerman on manslaughter but the fact of the matter is that they couldn't. It wasn't applicable here. Perhaps negligent homicide? Though even that would have been an uphill battle as Zimmerman was the one being assaulted. So the bottom line is that at least part of the jury did try to find a way to convict him but simply ran out of possibilities.

Rong

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Rong on Jul 16, 2013, 05:20:34 AM

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/28/justice/florida-teen-spike-lee

SPIKE STAP....

I smell a civil law suit.

Looks like he's not retiring after all!

Rong

Rong

Yeah gon need that lawyer monies..

Cal427eb

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

I love how people are out for blood, simmer the f**k down people. Yes it was a tragedy, but this is just being blown way out of proportion, could you imagine what it would be like if people reacted like this to the hundreds of murders a day in the US? It also doesn't help when dumbass celebrities like Spike Lee do the dumbest shit (adding fuel to the flames), possibly endangering the live of innocent people.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Bleeding hearts gonna bleed.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 16, 2013, 06:15:57 AM
I love how people are out for blood, simmer the f**k down people. Yes it was a tragedy, but this is just being blown way out of proportion, could you imagine what it would be like if people reacted like this to the hundreds of murders a day in the US? It also doesn't help when dumbass celebrities like Spike Lee do the dumbest shit (adding fuel to the flames), possibly endangering the live of innocent people.
Least to mention all of the DUI's that kill entire family's yet the Drunk driver gets a sentence of only 20 months at best.

SM

SM

QuoteI love how people are out for blood, simmer the f**k down people. Yes it was a tragedy, but this is just being blown way out of proportion, could you imagine what it would be like if people reacted like this to the hundreds of murders a day in the US?

Real change might happen?

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jul 16, 2013, 05:59:29 AM
Quote from: Rong on Jul 16, 2013, 05:20:34 AM

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/28/justice/florida-teen-spike-lee

SPIKE STAP....
I remember this from last year.

That's so dangerous, f**king know nothing celebrities chiming in and causing more harm than good

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Jul 16, 2013, 06:43:31 AM
QuoteI love how people are out for blood, simmer the f**k down people. Yes it was a tragedy, but this is just being blown way out of proportion, could you imagine what it would be like if people reacted like this to the hundreds of murders a day in the US?

Real change might happen?

If you want to effect change, then do it like a sensible human being, i.e. campaign for new legislation, write to your MP, MPP, member of Congress, etc... but don't go online and start raging like a child whose mummy didn't get him any candy.

SM

SM

I guess that's why all them people are protesting on the streets rather than raging online, eh?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're right, they're raging in the streets instead. I don't think protesting is a viable solution either. All you've done is told people you're angry. Guess what? We already know you're angry. So what are you actually going to do about it?

SM

SM

Aww geee - lets all write a sternly worded letter, eh?

It's all forms of protest at the status quo - be it online and in the streets.  If people did it more often rather than get bored, actual change for the better might happen.

But noooo, everyone should just calm down and stay in their little boxes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed