Aspie

Cal427eb

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 26, 2013, 05:41:37 AM
"Damn, nature - you scary!"

http://news.yahoo.com/video/entomologist-encounters-huge-8-foot-234214871.html

:o

Sweet Christ. I'm amazed buddy kept himself together to take that nest out.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2013, 04:22:12 AM
I've read bits and pieces about this - does this mean some states now can deny people the right to vote based on race and colour?

Nope:

"Our decision in no way affects the permanent, nationwide ban on racial discrimination in voting found in [Section] 2. We issue no holding on [Section] 5 itself, only on the coverage formula. Congress may draft another formula based on current conditions."

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06/supreme-court-voting-rights-act-decision/

SM

SM

So why is everyone kicking up a stink?

Predaker

Predaker

Speaking of giant wasp nests and bullying, when I was in the third grade an entire wall of my house had become infested with yellow jackets over time. There were huge clouds of wasps buzzing around outside the wall and lots inside the room. My brother and I would check under our bedsheets at night to make sure no wasps would sting us under the blankets. I told my teacher I couldn't finish a special project in time because I had wasps in my bedroom. He didn't believe me and made fun of me in front of the whole class.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 06:02:55 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 26, 2013, 05:41:37 AM
"Damn, nature - you scary!"

http://news.yahoo.com/video/entomologist-encounters-huge-8-foot-234214871.html

:o

Sweet Christ. I'm amazed buddy kept himself together to take that nest out.

KILL THEM ALL!!!

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2013, 06:21:02 AM
So why is everyone kicking up a stink?

Because in reality it isn't as simple as that. It's a very complicated issue and the result of this ruling will have major effects on elections unless this is countered somehow. It is no wonder that the most right-wing and most racist states are the ones embracing and advocating this the most. Same states who did everything legal and semi-legal to keep potential Democratic voters (non-whites, elderly, students...) from voting last election. It's a huge mess.

Here's some nice reading
[url]http://m.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/06/compare-and-contrast-laws-protect-white-voting-vs-laws-protect-black-voting[url]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 26, 2013, 12:46:38 PM
Speaking of giant wasp nests and bullying, when I was in the third grade an entire wall of my house had become infested with yellow jackets over time. There were huge clouds of wasps buzzing around outside the wall and lots inside the room. My brother and I would check under our bedsheets at night to make sure no wasps would sting us under the blankets. I told my teacher I couldn't finish a special project in time because I had wasps in my bedroom. He didn't believe me and made fun of me in front of the whole class.

Please say you reported that miserable wanker.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 04:24:51 PM

Or... and I'm just spitballing, you could have the guys who got rid of them, get their hands on some yellow jackets and you could hide them in his desk drawer

Predaker

Predaker

I was living in an abusive household at the time and didn't really know any adults I trusted. I just ignored it and moved on. The teacher was a large and imposing man named Mr. Skinner, heh. :D

maledoro

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 26, 2013, 06:50:49 PM

I was living in an abusive household at the time and didn't really know any adults I trusted. I just ignored it and moved on. The teacher was a large and imposing man named Mr. Skinner, heh. :D

I'm sorry to hear that. Did affect you a great deal, if I may ask?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed