The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 66,241 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The economy is fine, it's got more to do with GW basing their prices on exchange rates from 20 years ago and then giving us the same incremental price rises uk/us regions get instead of allowing things to balance out into modern rates.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Would Peter Jackson be a suitable 40k showrunner?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No. I'm not personally a fan and while he can do the scale I don't think he can do the inherent meanness of the setting.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

To be honest, I think anime would be the best medium for it.  The Japanese can really handle grimdark well.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

I would really dig some Berserk esque anime of the Horus Heresy.

Or some Samurai Jack\Clone Wars style western animation of it. Plus extra Grimdark and Gore ofc.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Kurgan on Apr 16, 2019, 04:28:38 PM
I would really dig some Berserk esque anime of the Horus Heresy.

I'm listening.

QuoteOr some Samurai Jack\Clone Wars style western animation of it. Plus extra Grimdark and Gore ofc.

Oh please god no. Some stylisation is fine but i don't wan't to know how f**king stupid a space marine looks when that simplified and cartoony.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I imagine battles between primarchs being like something out of Fist of the North Star.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Some of their more outlandish depiction are there for sure  :D

A lot of old school anime's styles would be fitting, but Berserk's would be perfect. It perfectly suits daemons, grimdark atrocities, over the top action,gore and ridiculously buff dudes slaughtering each other.

Hell, Guts and Griffith  already kinda look like young Ferrus and Fulgrim:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, they really do.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'd make a case for less stylized faces than anime generally has, but the physicality and brutal nature of a lot of it suits. Personally I think the HBO Spawn series is exactly the right look. Gothic, moody, violent. Characters are exaggerated and stylized without having "anime face" crop up like it still does on women and children in Berserk.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Captain Harlock too.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Hyper real CGI would definitely be the preferred option but the shit gets expensive FAST. Did GW ever release that Blood Angels web series they talked about? The teaser looked like actual poop from a butt, hoping it's not indicative of the finished product.

Penitent Engine looks like it'll be suitably horrifying and detailed:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Why can't you be more like Matt Ward?

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Good god, let past horrors sleep.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 24, 2019, 03:28:36 PM
Why can't you be more like Matt Ward?

What, write the best, most solid rules set GW ever published?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed