The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 66,229 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Nice!

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

The rust on the grave guard looks amazing. How did you do that?

I also really dig the undead chaos champion. Putting undead versions of other faction's models in an undead army is always a great idea.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

This is freaking awesome!

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Thanks all  :)

Quote from: The Kurgan on Apr 07, 2019, 06:03:08 AM
The rust on the grave guard looks amazing. How did you do that?

I also really dig the undead chaos champion. Putting undead versions of other faction's models in an undead army is always a great idea.

For rust I use GW's Typhus Corrosion and then layers of Ryza Rust. I'm probably going to do some Stomrcast undead next, even though that technically going against the lore a little bit

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The AoS lore is pretty fast and loose anyway, which is great as an excuse for doing whatever you think is cool.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

That, and :

rule of cool > minor lore discrepancies

New Total War : Warhammer DLC with a familiar scene in the trailer  ;)

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Giant battle of beautifully painted tyranids and guard on great looking terrain :

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wish I could read a story about the Astra Militarum being little more than ineffective cannon fodder.  Especially versus Chaos.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Have you tried the Gaunt's Ghost series of novels?

It's about a light infantry guard regiment that mostly battle mortal chaos traitor forces.

It has been a while since I read them, but I remember I really liked those.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I've seen videos of them and they sound like a Dirty Dozen type, but I'm mainly talking about the normal grunts rather than some plot-armored freaks.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Hmm kinda.

They do a lot of grunt work that regular guard troops would do and while there is the occasional super duper commando mission, with the exception of one or two characters they never feel really overpowered or invincible.

Over the course of series they take quite a pounding and from the original 3000,4000 or so soldiers there is not much left. It definitely felt more grounded in reality than most of the other stuff GW put out at that time. It's definitely the most " a soldier's life" kinda story i read from GW.

I also heard good things about the Ciaphas Cain series and the novel Cadian Blood, but have not read them myself.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 10, 2019, 05:21:16 PM
I wish I could read a story about the Astra Militarum being little more than ineffective cannon fodder.  Especially versus Chaos.

Storm of Iron

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed