Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 18, 2012, 05:52:04 AM

Author
Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images (Read 86,311 times)

Vickers

Vickers

I agree with everyone who said all the deleted scenes should be kept in.

They all add something of value to the film.

And the scene where Shaw fights the Engineer was perfectly executed and far better than the version in the theatrical cut.  The Engineer doesn't seem weaker.  I mean she gets a few hits in with the axe and he still finds the strength to fight.  If it was her being hit with the axe, she'd probably be dead.  And she doesn't scream, "Diiiiiiiiiiiiieeeee!!!"  Everything felt naturally paced.  And it was one of very few scenes where there was a nice buildup as opposed to the MTV type editing throughout the film in the theatrical cut.

Can't wait to see the other scenes now.

eyeballkid

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 19, 2012, 02:08:02 AM
I agree with everyone who said all the deleted scenes should be kept in.

They all add something of value to the film.

And the scene where Shaw fights the Engineer was perfectly executed and far better than the version in the theatrical cut.  The Engineer doesn't seem weaker.  I mean she gets a few hits in with the axe and he still finds the strength to fight.  If it was her being hit with the axe, she'd probably be dead.  And she doesn't scream, "Diiiiiiiiiiiiieeeee!!!"  Everything felt naturally paced.  And it was one of very few scenes where there was a nice buildup as opposed to the MTV type editing throughout the film in the theatrical cut.

Can't wait to see the other scenes now.
I agree, such a shame .

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

One thing I did notice... you dont see how the Engineers face gets burned in the extended scene, it suddenly appears that way as the Trilobite gets him. Also the shot where he pushes Shaw towards the MedPod room door is missing, with his face burnt, but it's in the theatrical version.  I always assumed he got burned from something that happened during the crash, a logical assumption really, but apparently not.  Obviously something else is missing, so how do you guys think this fight scene could have played out??? 

whiterabbit

Did any one notice how just before Shaw released the Trilobite that it almost appeared as if the engineer was about to little mouth her alien style in the head?

I think the only thing that should have been cut was David saying sorry as his head hit the ground.  :laugh:

thecaffeinatedone

QuoteI also believe the Engineer possibly understood english.

Possibly but unlikely. Remember that the engineer was in stasis for 2,000 years. The english language as we know it didn't exist and the engineer only had about 30 seconds to absorb the language they were speaking. More than likely he took in what David said to him in his own language, along with the mannerisms, tones and body language of Prometheus crew and got the gist of it pretty quickly.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: RoaryUK on Sep 19, 2012, 02:35:41 AM
One thing I did notice... you dont see how the Engineers face gets burned in the extended scene, it suddenly appears that way as the Trilobite gets him. Also the shot where he pushes Shaw towards the MedPod room door is missing, with his face burnt, but it's in the theatrical version.  I always assumed he got burned from something that happened during the crash, a logical assumption really, but apparently not.  Obviously something else is missing, so how do you guys think this fight scene could have played out???

I'm thinking it was during the crash.  It's just that the CGI is unfinished. :'(

whiterabbit

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Sep 19, 2012, 02:52:54 AM

Possibly but unlikely. Remember that the engineer was in stasis for 2,000 years. The english language as we know it didn't exist and the engineer only had about 30 seconds to absorb the language they were speaking. More than likely he took in what David said to him in his own language, along with the mannerisms, tones and body language of Prometheus crew and got the gist of it pretty quickly.
Actually someone did visit humans after whatever happened 2000 years ago according to their rock pictures. It could have been this same engineer. I mean, after all, all you ever see in the picture is one engineer.

Holy shit, we crucified Space Jesus twice!  :laugh:

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 19, 2012, 02:56:55 AM

I'm thinking it was during the crash.  It's just that the CGI is unfinished. :'(

A CGI burn on his FACE...but why... they can do that with make up??? 

Barringer

Barringer

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 19, 2012, 03:07:17 AM

Actually someone did visit humans after whatever happened 2000 years ago according to their rock pictures. It could have been this same engineer. I mean, after all, all you ever see in the picture is one engineer.

The last engineer was apparently in stasis since the incident 2000 years prior so I don't see how he could have visited Earth after the incident on LV-223. A Hollywood scenario is that the Engineers visiting Earth more recently than 2000 years ago influenced linguistic development! The Engineers already spoke English!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AliensSpeakingEnglish

Cvalda

Cvalda

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I finally got to see these.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's all the proof you need that the theatrical cut is a studio-enforced Alien 3 theatrical cut-style hatchet job.

The Janek Fills Vickers In scene is very good. Probably the best written (not that that says much, necessarily) scene in the whole film--and naturally, they cut it. And it's the best single scene for both Charlize and Elba's performances. AND it lays out Janek's suspicions about the site in FAR better fashion than that shitty, hastily shot exposition dump of a reshoot where he randomly busts in on Shaw and says out of nowhere what he thinks is going on.

The Engineer Speaks scene, despite the clumsily on the nose Weyland monologue ("I'M A GOD TOO!!!1!"--subtle, Lindelof), more or less actually f**king works.

And the Shaw vs. the Engineer scene is so much better that the shaved down snippet we got in the film almost seems like a sick joke.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: RoaryUK on Sep 19, 2012, 03:08:25 AM
Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 19, 2012, 02:56:55 AM

A CGI burn on his FACE...but why... they can do that with make up???

I know. :'(

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 19, 2012, 03:14:49 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I finally got to see these.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's all the proof you need that the theatrical cut is a studio-enforced Alien 3 theatrical cut-style hatchet job.

The Janek Fills Vickers In scene is very good. Probably the best written (not that that says much, necessarily) scene in the whole film--and naturally, they cut it. And it's the best single scene for both Charlize and Elba's performances. AND it lays out Janek's suspicions about the site in FAR better fashion than that shitty, hastily shot exposition dump of a reshoot where he randomly busts in on Shaw and says out of nowhere what he thinks is going on.

The Engineer Speaks scene, despite the clumsily on the nose Weyland monologue ("I'M A GOD TOO!!!1!"--subtle, Lindelof), more or less actually f**king works.

And the Shaw vs. the Engineer scene is so much better that the shaved down snippet we got in the film almost seems like a sick joke.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Barringer on Sep 19, 2012, 03:13:23 AM

The last engineer was apparently in stasis since the incident 2000 years prior so I don't see how he could have visited Earth after the incident on LV-223. A Hollywood scenario is that the Engineers visiting Earth more recently than 2000 years ago influenced linguistic development! The Engineers already spoke English!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AliensSpeakingEnglish

Yes I also thought something along these lines.  Ive always been of the opinion that it was a rogue group of Engineers that set out to destroy us and failed, while the people from their home world had been watching us ever since and helping us develop. I also wondered if perhaps in time we would also evolve into Engineers, and that some were against creating their origins from the start in case somewhere along the line, in our history, we took a turn for the worst...which it seems is exactly what happened.

bobcunk

bobcunk

I think the cave paintings were older than 2000 years.

BANE

BANE

I actually agree with cvalda.

Off to weathernetwork.com to see what temperature Hell is.

Vickers

Vickers

Soooo...

Where are all the Ridley apologists now?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed