Alien Romulus Rating Prediction

Started by solace97, May 04, 2024, 05:22:59 PM

Thought this could be fun. As we get closer and find out more details what do you think Alien Romulus will receive upon release if you were to grade it on an out of 10 scale.

0/10
0 (0%)
1/10
0 (0%)
2/10
0 (0%)
3/10
1 (2.6%)
4/10
0 (0%)
5/10
4 (10.3%)
6/10
6 (15.4%)
7/10
7 (17.9%)
8/10
14 (35.9%)
9/10
3 (7.7%)
10/10
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closes: Aug 12, 2024, 05:22:59 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Rating Prediction (Read 2,033 times)

solace97

solace97

For me personally I think Romulus at its lowest will provide like a 5.5/10 and its ceiling could be as high as a 9/10. I can't narrow it in because of all the ambiguity at this moment still.

The flop is because the young characters as well as some potentially new characters could be a big risk and make this a Friday the 13th in space.

The success would be due to all the great things I've heard up to this point properly executed

BigDaddyJohn

I don't know about what it will receive, but for me it has to stay at 7 minimum to not enter forgettable territory.

BlueMarsalis79

I think it will be a six or seven honestly, just serviceable to solid, from Predators to Prey with a fan film like quality.

But I am hoping it is an eight, better than most films in the franchise in terms of plot and character realisation, but without the "vision" so clearly on display in the prior films. Not having the sense of style of the first three clearly had in being so  distinct and yet still devoted to reality.

cucuchu

cucuchu

9 out of 10. All the right pieces seem to be falling in place, I'm highly optimistic

Ingwar

Ingwar

I'll take 7 or 8/10 blindly.

Thatguy2068

I'm betting 8/10

TheBATMAN

I think it will be a safe, solid but completely unspectacular sequel. Best since Alien 3 but nothing more. 7/10.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: solace97 on May 04, 2024, 05:22:59 PMFriday the 13th in space.

But they've done that already !

Nightmare Asylum

Numerical ratings are silly.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 04, 2024, 07:10:18 PMNumerical ratings are silly.

They have their uses as a shorthand (but shouldn't be overly relied on), and the huge pushback against them over the last ten-ish years has reached a point of absurdity now IMO.

Mike’s Monsters

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 04, 2024, 07:34:41 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 04, 2024, 07:10:18 PMNumerical ratings are silly.

They have their uses as a shorthand (but shouldn't be overly relied on), and the huge pushback against them over the last ten-ish years has reached a point of absurdity now IMO.

I just personally have a really hard time putting my thoughts into a fixed number with most films, and trouble really gleaming anything from a number when others use them as descriptors. Most times I much prefer to read actual reviews, or to have a back and forth discussion, and get my thoughts across or learn others' thoughts that way. I think that's why I'm partial to forums like this for discussions still, even when so much of the internet has left them behind.

One man's "6/10, meh... mid" is another man's "6/10, fascinating messy experience."

Ingwar

Ingwar

The numbers just represent a subjective simplified assessment of the film:

1 - tragic
2 - very bad
3 - bad
4 - not bad
5 - average
6 - pretty good
7 - good
8 - very good
9 - amazing
10 - masterpiece

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 04, 2024, 07:53:52 PMI just personally have a really hard time putting my thoughts into a fixed number with most films, and trouble really gleaming anything from a number when others use them as descriptors. Most times I much prefer to read actual reviews, or to have a back and forth discussion, and get my thoughts across or learn others' thoughts that way. I think that's why I'm partial to forums like this for discussions still, even when so much of the internet has left them behind.

One man's "6/10, meh... mid" is another man's "6/10, fascinating messy experience."

All subjective metrics have the same issue, but people are going to use them anyway. There always being somebody going "akshually..." kinda does my head in at this stage.

Culturally I'm almost certain that the push away from numerical ratings has really been about not applying them to people, more than it was ever about applying them to experiences, but that it's all blurred together.

Note: Because I freely admit all subjective metrics suffer from the same problem, I fully agree that critique and discussion are superior in all ways because thoughts can be articulated unambiguously.

solace97

If you don't feel like participating in a numerical vote simply don't, this is merely too predict what it will come out on for sites such as IMDB rotten tomatoes and others

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed