What made you unhappy today? Part 1

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 26, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

Author
What made you unhappy today? Part 1 (Read 1,811,496 times)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: keylight-di on Aug 22, 2011, 07:57:47 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 22, 2011, 07:37:45 AM
Do you want want to know a secret Di...

Spoiler
I have autism.  ;)
[close]

Spoiler
Despite it being something that will never go away I managed to do great things, like joining the Queen's York Rangers Army Cadet Corp and having a shining reputation with the cadets even as Sergeant.

My point, though your finding out now it doesn't change a thing about who you are. I've had those days when I just wanted to give up because of it, I was even bullied because of it. But take it from someone who has known this enemy thier whole life, you must hold on to what you still have and value, keep perseverance close to you, and take on the world with ambition. Most importantly never give up on hope. You never know what is around the corner, it even helps to just enjoy the little things in life. I hope that helps a bit.
[close]

As I see, your level of authism isn't high, if you are able to work in normal way. Good for you. :)  Asperger it's also some kind of authism-like disorder. I always had very high level of authism on tests, but I'm not authistic.  It was strange until now. Aspies are authistic but in different way.
But you have to understand me, I'm not depressed about being Aspie. I was like this the whole life. Now I have this diagnosis and it gives me a lot of answers. I understood many, many things. It makes me more calm. I'm not freak. I'm Aspie. (and I love how this word sounds).

I finished double studies, it's hard task even for normal person, but I did it. Molecular biology and agronomy. And now my work has nothing to do with both, so I had to learn everything again. No problem for me.
My desperation has different source.
I'm not able to make any relationship. Frienship.
It's hard to explain.

But thank you for trust, saying this. :)
Funny. I also have Asperger. A very mild case mind you, but I got it.
My sister has it as well though her case is more noticable. As someone who has not only experienced it, but also been exposed to it, I can fully understand the things you feel.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 22, 2011, 03:04:34 PM
Quote from: keylight-di on Aug 22, 2011, 07:57:47 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 22, 2011, 07:37:45 AM
Do you want want to know a secret Di...

Spoiler
I have autism.  ;)
[close]

Spoiler
Despite it being something that will never go away I managed to do great things, like joining the Queen's York Rangers Army Cadet Corp and having a shining reputation with the cadets even as Sergeant.

My point, though your finding out now it doesn't change a thing about who you are. I've had those days when I just wanted to give up because of it, I was even bullied because of it. But take it from someone who has known this enemy thier whole life, you must hold on to what you still have and value, keep perseverance close to you, and take on the world with ambition. Most importantly never give up on hope. You never know what is around the corner, it even helps to just enjoy the little things in life. I hope that helps a bit.
[close]

As I see, your level of authism isn't high, if you are able to work in normal way. Good for you. :)  Asperger it's also some kind of authism-like disorder. I always had very high level of authism on tests, but I'm not authistic.  It was strange until now. Aspies are authistic but in different way.
But you have to understand me, I'm not depressed about being Aspie. I was like this the whole life. Now I have this diagnosis and it gives me a lot of answers. I understood many, many things. It makes me more calm. I'm not freak. I'm Aspie. (and I love how this word sounds).

I finished double studies, it's hard task even for normal person, but I did it. Molecular biology and agronomy. And now my work has nothing to do with both, so I had to learn everything again. No problem for me.
My desperation has different source.
I'm not able to make any relationship. Frienship.
It's hard to explain.

But thank you for trust, saying this. :)
Funny. I also have Asperger. A very mild case mind you, but I got it.
My sister has it as well though her case is more noticable. As someone who has not only experienced it, but also been exposed to it, I can fully understand the things you feel.

Thank you Mono. I would never suppose to... :)
As I said many times (especially in Just Talk thread) I have no problem with this diagnosis, and a few persons who know me - agreed completely that it's correct diagnosis.

But I have terrible problem with my relation with one person right now. I think that I experienced the feeling of friendship the first time in my life, and now I destroyed it. This is why I think, I never should try to be anyone friend. I only can hurt people.
I always were so terrible in every social relation, I thought it's phobia, but it's Asperger.

So we can make great Aspie Club here. ;) There are three Aspies on Galaxy as I know so far. :)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Aug 22, 2011, 02:25:56 PM
Jack Layton died last night.

Not like I was necessarily a fan or even into politics that much, but I'm going to miss the guy.

This.

Only party leader I actually liked. :(

LadyZero

LadyZero

Awful drive home because of roadworks and general arsehattery from other drivers, and now my mum is being a bitch for no valid reason. Don't take your menopausal rages out on me, woman. And don't tell me to 'chill out' when you've just been raging at me for, oh god, not washing up a mug. KILL ME, ITS THE END OF THE WORLD THAT THE CUP WASN'T WASHED.

Think I'll stay in my room tonight.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

My dad got released from prison,

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Aug 22, 2011, 02:25:56 PM
Jack Layton died last night.

Not like I was necessarily a fan or even into politics that much, but I'm going to miss the guy.
Same for me. Canadian politics have never really interested me, but he was one of the few politicians I actually gave a damn about. So waking up this morning, that really put a damper on the day... and it's raining here for the first time in two weeks.

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Aug 22, 2011, 09:26:19 PM
My dad got released from prison,
I'm sure you already know this, so this may be shit advice, but if you feel he could be threatening, try to distance yourself as much as possible; I'd even say so if you have the slightest concern.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

R.I.P Jack Layton, I may have voted for the other guy but you were still a great fellow countryman.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Not only am i now supporting my jobless girlfriend and paying her rent / bills / etc, now her bum of a dad who lives with us.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Fujimaster on Aug 23, 2011, 12:40:26 PM
Not only am i now supporting my jobless girlfriend and paying her rent / bills / etc, now her bum of a dad who lives with us.

Ever considered ditching her ass and making a run for it?

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

They keep saying hurricane Irene is gonna hit where I live, but so far most hurricanes miss my area..so I don't know if this time it'll be different or what

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 23, 2011, 01:51:38 PM
They keep saying hurricane Irene is gonna hit where I live, but so far most hurricanes miss my area..so I don't know if this time it'll be different or what

Best of luck to you, Deathbearer. I hope your area stays safe. :)

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Florida?

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Aug 23, 2011, 02:22:46 PM

Florida?

Nope..Georgia

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 23, 2011, 02:24:51 PM
Quote from: Ghost Rider on Aug 23, 2011, 02:22:46 PM

Florida?

Nope..Georgia

Close. Well watch yourself man.

Nightmare Asylum

I hope that everything works out, Deathbearer. and that nothing heads your way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed