*Spoilers* First Draft by Rodriguez vs. Revised Draft by Finch and Litvak

Started by Mutha_Brucka, Mar 28, 2010, 08:05:27 AM

Author
*Spoilers* First Draft by Rodriguez vs. Revised Draft by Finch and Litvak (Read 2,818 times)

Travis

Quote from: DeadCities on Mar 30, 2010, 12:36:46 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Mar 29, 2010, 10:51:13 PM
Quote from: DeadCities on Mar 29, 2010, 03:37:51 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 29, 2010, 03:31:41 AM
It was just too horrifyingly ridiculous and stupid. Just all around shit that script was.

It's like he thought to himself "How can i make this as shitty as possible to piss people off?"
It reads like a parody, not a serious predator movie.

That's exactly what he did. That was his intention. So what you just said wasn't funny.

I wasn't trying to be funny, and how do you know that?

He doesn't.

Pvt. Hicks

Oh but I do, little one. I do. :D

In fact, the very number to TroubleMaker Studios is in my very contact list in my phone. :D

But I've never personally spoke to Rodriguez.

Cue predictable responses. :P

Aeus

I think I hear some bullllllshhhhhhhhhhhittttt.

AncientPred

wow, those weren't predictable in the least

KirklandSignature

Quote from: DeadCities on Mar 29, 2010, 09:42:21 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 29, 2010, 05:11:07 AM
Quote from: DeadCities on Mar 29, 2010, 03:37:51 AM
It's like he thought to himself "How can i make this as shitty as possible to piss people off?"

Either that or he smoked reefer while writing the first draft.

-Rakai'Thwei

"Reefer" wouldn't do that to a man.Unless it was good Ol' Mexican stress, the worst pot in existence. Nothing but a headache....

-Veteran pot smoker of 12 years who plans on consuming a vast amount prior to watching this film in June-July

True that :P

The Mercenary

RR wrote that script back in the 90's, he was pretty new to the film scene and i think tried to make a sort of Predator meets Sparticus. Theres no way he deliberately was trying to write a shyte movie script and like nearly all movie scripts the first draft is nothing like the finished film - Just look at the first draft script for Return of the Jedi - i think he was trying to cram as much in as possible to the result it lost its believability. The 2 screenwriters came in and probably took one look at and decided to start from scratch, they wrote a script that echo's the original rather than RR's Pred/Sparticus story. From the teasers and the trailer i can see a few changes in dialogue and when these lines are spoken, so even the so called revised draft will be proven to be outdated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed