Black Super Predator?

Started by vortep, Sep 30, 2009, 07:05:09 PM

Author
Black Super Predator? (Read 212,762 times)

Puks

Puks

Racist!  :D

The Demon

The Demon

You got a pretty mouth, boyah!

Moody

Moody

I made a quick Black Super Predator using the AVP3 game artwork, I really hope that it's at least similar as this one I made..

keylight-di

keylight-di

He is beautiful, but unfortunately, quite unlike the BSP. Your looks normal, like should look  the BSP - no stupid mutations,  no modifications, etc. Classic. Quick, deadly dangerous, full of dignity and charm.  :)
And wait a moment! - where the triple plasma caster? And all those spikes?  RR's inventions? :D ;)

I would like BSP looked somehow like this ... I really would...
I could fall in love.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Moody on Dec 02, 2009, 08:10:30 PM
I made a quick Black Super Predator using the AVP3 game artwork, I really hope that it's at least similar as this one I made..
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt314/AmaR_NL/BSP.jpg?t=1259784540

Its too tribal. Not enough technology as it was discribed in the script.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Why is skin colour such a big deal?

So what if it has black skin, black blood, black poo, who cares!?

As long its a murderous bad ass hunter that keeps you at the edge of your seat why does it matter?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 02, 2009, 09:01:22 PM
Why is skin colour such a big deal?

So what if it has black skin, black blood, black poo, who cares!?

As long its a murderous bad ass hunter that keeps you at the edge of your seat why does it matter?

Because the look of the Predator is as iconic as it's character....

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Ya know in away i think this was just a gimmick to stir up the racial issue and bring more attention to the film.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Dec 02, 2009, 09:11:32 PM
Ya know in away i think this was just a gimmick to stir up the racial issue and bring more attention to the film.

Racial Issue? What racial issue? I haven't seen anyone say anything of the sort...

The Demon

The Demon

You mean like Night of the Living Dead?

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

ya know black people whit people yellow people that kind of thing by stir up the racial issue i meant what people generally think. They hear black super predator and think african. Same as if saying white super predator you'd think caucasun. It playing off a comman thing to bring attention to the film.

keylight-di

keylight-di

We did not invent this, that he has to be black, mutant, psychopathic. This is RR invention. For us, the hope is that the director will not overdose news in appearance  BSP.
BTW - all descriptions of BSP in the script is so terrible schematic, don't you think? It make me sick from simplifications. :-\
Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Dec 02, 2009, 09:11:32 PM
It's something new for me... I don't think it's the point...
Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Dec 02, 2009, 09:22:24 PM
ya know black people whit people yellow people that kind of thing by stir up the racial issue i meant what people generally think. They hear black super predator and think african. Same as if saying white super predator you'd think caucasun. It playing off a comman thing to bring attention to the film.
I don't. Really. For me he could be blue, orange or grey. It doesn't matter.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

I'm bored with the original Predators and so are most of the movie going public.

The species need a reboot. If they keep churning out the same looking Predator then things will just get boring. I know 99.9% of people in this forum will disagree but I think the BSP are the best thing to happen to the franchise!

They make the Predator a monster again. I love the fact that they kidnap people and dump them in the jungle to hunt. I also love the fact that whenever they get defeated they alter themselves even more to make them more ruthless and scary. Its something different and fresh to the franchise. 

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

I was only saying it could be viewed in such a manner. I seriously doubt this was the intended idea, i was simply saying it could be viewed this way. Which if you think about it would'nt their be some kind of backlash after the film is released(i mean on a small like internet blog amount when i say backlash) do to the fact that the top predators black. Frankly i think he's black because the color generally inspires fear and is considered by many cultures to represent death.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Dec 02, 2009, 09:22:24 PM

What? It'll never be mentioned in the movie as Black Super Predator and I seriously doubt they'll use it in promotional material as it would give away a big part of the plot....

Remember they didn't tell us about the BSP we just found out because of the leaked script...

I honestly can't see how anyone would think there's anything racist in it at all...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed