Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,423 times)

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 13, 2010, 08:34:37 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong - AvP2010 design was Aliens design with different legs, right?
Different tail, more slender, different cheeks, ect... but more or less a modified Cameron design.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 13, 2010, 08:12:44 PM
Yeah, I'd say so. Anyway Anderson's film was all but biased.

As much as i love da aliens, I think Anderson was biased towards the Aliens. I mean, Grid took out 2 preds! You could say that the predators were young but...I don't know. Everything is confusing nowadays.

On the subject of AVP-R and ALIENS (must...not...rant...) the AVP-R design took the head of Aliens, changed the ridges to make it look somewhat more skelatal (sp?) and removed the tiny tubes the ALIENS design had.
AVPR

ALIENS

superdeathpredator

superdeathpredator

I like the aliens head more than the alien 1 head

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

The Winston Alien holds a real special place for me.
I also took these screens of the two aliens that corner Ripley and Newt in the Queen's chambers, and I think they are among the best in the film.

Comments?

SM

SM

Never really understood the white slime on them in those shots.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Ah the Monolith again, you do always pick out the best shots of the movies.

I would even go as far as saying that it was THE best Xeno shot in the series.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Jul 13, 2010, 11:07:02 PM
Never really understood the white slime on them in those shots.

Dramatic effect?

SM

SM

Obviously.

But that's the first and last time it was white.  Makes ones mind tick over when you really wish it wouldn't.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

...they are Milking...

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

My guess is a batch of K Y jelly got mixed with Bishop's blood mix and they were rushed to get the shots.

In the context of the film, it is possible these aliens have dust particles on their bodies that got mixed with the slime.  :-\
There is still no denying they look good.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 13, 2010, 10:41:22 PM
As much as i love da aliens, I think Anderson was biased towards the Aliens. I mean, Grid took out 2 preds! You could say that the predators were young but...I don't know. Everything is confusing nowadays.
No duh, and Scar later took out 3 Aliens in a matter of seconds. :o
Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 13, 2010, 11:04:24 PM
I also took these screens of the two aliens that corner Ripley and Newt in the Queen's chambers, and I think they are among the best in the film.

Comments?
Wuv' em! :D

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Jul 14, 2010, 12:27:51 AM
Obviously.

But that's the first and last time it was white.  Makes ones mind tick over when you really wish it wouldn't.

I think because those were a very dark shot and they stayed in the shadow so they made the slime brighter so its more visible. When you take screenshots with some programs they tend to be 10 points lighter, so those shots may look much brighter than they are in the actual movie

samoht

samoht

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 13, 2010, 10:41:22 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 13, 2010, 08:12:44 PM
Yeah, I'd say so. Anyway Anderson's film was all but biased.

Well for starters, he took out one by complete surprise so that doesn't even count as a fight. The second one he took out coz aliens are fricken awesome at slalughtering things at close combat. They are born killers.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 13, 2010, 11:04:24 PM

Comments?

They're amazing. :)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: War Wager on Sep 24, 2007, 08:50:57 PM
I know this is the Dog Alien figure by McFarlane, but I think it looks really good!:  :o

http://www.spawn.com/toys/movies/mm6/dog/images/mm6_dog_photo_01_dl.jpg
I don't like the way the mouth looks on this one for some reason.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed