Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,373 times)

Nostromo

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Happy birthday to a certain Jim...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 16, 2016, 02:16:56 AM

That would make an amazing cover for the novelisation...

I really miss that oldschool style of epic artwork film poster.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^Computers enhanced, yet ruined everything artwise.

;D

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Since there is an "Alien" in it...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I love the retro Alien stuff, especially the games. They have some wonderful posters.  :laugh:

Perhaps not a best picture per se but it's the Requiem Alien looking half decent.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 19, 2016, 07:27:54 AM
I love the retro Alien stuff, especially the games. They have some wonderful posters.  :laugh:

Perhaps not a best picture per se but it's the Requiem Alien looking half decent.

I still don't like what they did to the Warrior's head design in Requiem, it lacks the look and Alien feel that the original Warrior suits had in Aliens it just looks off and wrong.

windebieste

windebieste

Nonetheless, if the lighting in 'AvP-R' was anywhere near the quality of lighting in that photo, then the movie would have been dramatically improved.

Well, it would have been a good start, anyway.

-Windebieste.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Overbite. 
Orthodontist's love AVPr aliens.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 19, 2016, 11:57:46 AM
Overbite. 
Orthodontist's love AVPr aliens.

That is my only real issue with the heads. That f**king overbite. Some shots it looks absolutely fine, other times its horrendous. Otherwise I didn't mind them.

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 19, 2016, 11:45:39 AM
Nonetheless, if the lighting in 'AvP-R' was anywhere near the quality of lighting in that photo, then the movie would have been dramatically improved.

It was the colour grading, not the lighting!  :laugh: But still, same murky unseeable result.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I just don't dig the designs, last time I actually liked an alien design was Alien3. Gillis and AMD have said they felt they had enhanced Gigers vision for the creature when it really only dilutes it imo.

locusta

locusta

The worst what ADI ever had to do. Well, it was the stupid Straussis choice😠

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 19, 2016, 12:53:30 PM
I just don't dig the designs, last time I actually liked an alien design was Alien3. Gillis and AMD have said they felt they had enhanced Gigers vision for the creature when it really only dilutes it imo.

From a technical standpoint, that very well might be true. Design wise, no. The Resurrection Aliens were great for the context of the film but it sucks we've been saddled with them since due to budget.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

First time I saw Alien 3, I was 9.  The whole Boggs and Rains scene gave me nightmares for months.  Easily my favourite design too

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Aug 19, 2016, 05:22:47 PM
First time I saw Alien 3, I was 9.  The whole Boggs and Rains scene gave me nightmares for months.  Easily my favourite design too

http://24.media.tumblr.com/7a76a3dd7c53f60bccb0f992ff52cd49/tumblr_mx8uylWfAa1sl5hsfo1_500.gif
That is one really pissed off Ant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed