Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,353 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: locusta on Feb 20, 2016, 02:31:11 PM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 20, 2016, 10:04:51 AM
HD Queen for all of y'all

Ah, that's the one which shows the neck mechanic. :) Sorry, but it's just branded in my brain.
Yeah, it's there for that whole scene unfortunately

Mrcreosote

Mrcreosote

Where are we looking?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Where the neck ends and the head begins.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Going to have to rewatch that section of the film but I pity the fool who ruins this film for me!   >:(

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 21, 2016, 11:51:57 PMWhere the neck ends and the head begins.

Is it still in the SE on Blu-ray? Cameron fixed a few other goofs for that, I wonder if he did this too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 22, 2016, 08:45:03 AM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 21, 2016, 11:51:57 PMWhere the neck ends and the head begins.

Is it still in the SE on Blu-ray? Cameron fixed a few other goofs for that, I wonder if he did this too.

Yeah, they fixed that for the blu-ray restoration.

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 20, 2016, 10:04:51 AM
HD Queen for all of y'all

Gorgeous! Stealing that one.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

No, they didn't fix the neck. They fixed the Bishop hole but not the neck:

It's like the GODDAMN hand on the Raptor tail in Jurassic Park... can never unsee.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 22, 2016, 01:11:51 PM
No, they didn't fix the neck. They fixed the Bishop hole but not the neck:

Which cut is that picture from? I distinctly remember the neck being fixed.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Aliens Blu-ray TC. You can recognize it from the warmer hues.

It's actually more noticeable in the Blu-ray. .-.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm obviously mis-remembering. Now you mention it, I think I remember a discussion going "why didn't they fix that hole when they fixed Bishop?"

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah, it really is devoid of sense. It's just a couple shots where you can see the neck-hole. Not a lot of work.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 22, 2016, 01:11:51 PMIt's like the GODDAMN hand on the Raptor tail in Jurassic Park... can never unsee.

Or the guy's face poking out in the midst of the train wreckage in The Fugitive... although that they did fix for the DVD releases.

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 22, 2016, 01:42:49 PMYeah, it really is devoid of sense. It's just a couple shots where you can see the neck-hole. Not a lot of work.

Always a chance they didn't even notice, I suppose. The eyes are naturally drawn to the maw in that shot, I honestly never even saw this, even though I knew the goof existed in the film somewhere.

The Bishop one was far more obvious, because it's right where you're looking.

All that said... I thought the alterations were only made to the SE on the Blu-ray? I was under the impression the TC was left as it was, goofs and all. You said that snap's from the TC.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'll check the Blu-ray SE right now

EDIT: Checked, it's there. If you look closely at the hive scene, the hole is there the whole time.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 22, 2016, 01:50:13 PM
Always a chance they didn't even notice, I suppose. The eyes are naturally drawn to the maw in that shot, I honestly never even saw this, even though I knew the goof existed in the film somewhere.

The Bishop one was far more obvious, because it's right where you're looking.

All that said... I thought the alterations were only made to the SE on the Blu-ray? I was under the impression the TC was left as it was, goofs and all. You said that snap's from the TC.

They went throught the footage frame by frame for the remastering so I think they saw it, but like most other goofs they left it in. The Bishop hole was one goof that Cameron didn't notice until the premiere and he ached about it for some time so I understand him correcting that one in particular.

One goof I can't unsee are Ash's lack of legs as he leaps on Ripley and Lambert has a go at his torso with the cattle-prod. You can also see a member of the production crew fanning smoke as Ripley runs past him in the Nostromo  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 22, 2016, 03:14:08 PM
One goof I can't unsee are Ash's lack of legs as he leaps on Ripley and Lambert has a go at his torso with the cattle-prod. You can also see a member of the production crew fanning smoke as Ripley runs past him in the Nostromo  :laugh:

The second one I can never un-see but I've never noticed the first one.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed