Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,438 times)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: Gash on Jan 08, 2012, 11:45:56 PM

And THIS is why practical effects will always be better! Such beauty that still doesn't fail to convince.  ;D

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Jan 10, 2012, 11:45:59 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxgbxekZVp1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg
Very nice artwork. I find the drawing to be quite surreal and dreamlike, and it is all to fitting.  Both subjects are done incredibly well. I especially love how Rip is done in the style of Alien.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Her blank eyes are creeping me out, but that's a really great piece right there.

And it could be a coincidence, but the two circles behind the burster and Ripley make me think of the twin suns of Fiorina.

SM

SM

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jan 11, 2012, 01:16:38 AM
Quote from: Gash on Jan 08, 2012, 11:45:56 PM

And THIS is why practical effects will always be better! Such beauty that still doesn't fail to convince.  ;D

Once he stands up and starts walking like a human, we'll see how convincing it is...

SiL

SiL

Not that a CGI Alien walking like a human would be any more convincing.

SM

SM

Quite.

My point is, there's a teensy bit more to it than the workmanship in the suit (or model).

SiL

SiL

Oh goodness yes.

And we just have to look at AvPR to see how to fail on both counts.

SM

SM

Must we?  :'(

SiL

SiL

For the greater good, SM.

For the greater good :'(

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

This is very true.
You get a bad actor in a great suit, it will be wrecked no matter how well made the suit is.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm wondering if Bolaji was anorexic :P

SM

SM

Nah I think he's just built that way.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm detecting sarcasm, but even still. Being that thin can't possibly healthy...

SM

SM

No sarcasm.

Some people ARE just built that way.  However, not knowing his ultimate fate, maybe he was unhealthy.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Yeah, some tall people are built like that. It's nothing wrong or abnormal. It can also be a faster metabolism that can keep some people thin; sometimes you see tall people that can eat truckloads of food and not gain weight.

I don't know a lot about Bolaji, but I expect he was like that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed