Flaws of Alien. Not joking

Started by Kradan, Apr 13, 2019, 06:16:31 AM

Author
Flaws of Alien. Not joking (Read 19,679 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2019, 08:36:14 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Jul 12, 2019, 11:05:26 PM
For me it's Ash's head, always above all else.

I really wish they'd fix that in the re-releases.

I also hate the robot arms that the fella inside Ash's head-less body does. But that's less fixable.
I don't know why the Director didn't have Ash's hands round Parker's throat throttling him just before he is shut down. The scene would have been even more life-threatening for Parker, and also give the silly 'karate chop' hands something useful to do.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2019, 02:56:30 AM
It's right around Ash's Nipple Cripple of Doom.

As someone who has experienced that technique in a wrestling match from human strength, I can't imagine poor Parker's torment with Android strength.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: razeak on Jul 22, 2019, 05:01:43 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2019, 02:56:30 AM
It's right around Ash's Nipple Cripple of Doom.

As someone who has experienced that technique in a wrestling match from human strength, I can't imagine poor Parker's torment with Android strength.

There are worse things he could've clamped down on.

razeak

razeak

Their resistance to using firearms in regard to acid danger probably had a lot to do with training and education for their career choice. Im sure it has literally been bear I to their brains how dangerous space is and what the risks are with even a small breach.

I would imagine similar care taken on a submarine, or Ina power plant for that matter. There are certain goalposts in professions that are nigh immovable.

The Old One

The Old One

I think you're correct. Whether intentional or unintentional by the creators of the film, it's very believable.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They had to get rid of firearms in a believable way so some joker in the crowed isn't just questioning why a hundred years in the future we didn't have a guy ready to just shoot the f**ker.   Especially when these fellas were mostly AMERICAN.  If they were Canadian or some other non cowboy country it'd be different.

So acid. 

razeak

razeak

Yeah, I always loved that so many circumstances fell in the right way to make the film we got. One of my favorite things is the origin of the acid blood.

Ash 937

Ash 937

You can never really see the skull behind the alien's dome in the movie.  I think if the whole film had been lightened up a bit we would've seen more of that detail.  Also, the space jockey looked like it was made out of styrofoam.

SM

SM

You can make out the shapes of the skull in the close up on the Alien while it's exercising its jaw on the shuttle.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

One can almost see the skull in this shot too, before attacking Dallas.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 29, 2019, 07:42:07 AM

That's why this will always be my favourite shot of the creature with Bolaji Badejo in the suit.

Spoiler
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jul 29, 2019, 08:48:23 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 29, 2019, 07:42:07 AM

That's why this will always be my favourite shot of the creature with Bolaji Badejo in the suit.

Spoiler
[close]

I second that but also, I like this one.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

That's a beautiful shot. Another one of my favourites.

razeak

razeak

That's probably my favorite xeno shot from the entire series. It's so menacing in a way that everything post Alien/Aliens failed to match. A3 was close a few times.  The rest of the directors might as well have been paint by numbers.

Huggs

Huggs

Dallas looking up at his own feet is the only flaw I can think of.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed