Dune Remake

Started by Gates, Oct 17, 2007, 12:50:34 AM

Author
Dune Remake (Read 160,615 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 10, 2024, 11:29:24 PMHerbert had problematic views?

Was somewhat homophobic, yes (and for some f**ked up reason wired his kids to lie detectors regularly). Still, he made a sci fi classic that inspired millions and spawned so many new worlds and stories. But that doesn't make him a super special prophet or too ahead of his time. Nor does he say anything in his books that hasn't been said a million times before by others. He just did it better and made it more impactful which is important in itself.

SiL

SiL

"Somewhat homophobic" is a polite way of saying disowned his gay son for being gay.

ace3g

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm starting to think that everything that appealed to me about Dune is what David Lynch turned it into.  Stripped of the baroque aesthetic that gave it such a unique look in 1984, it's just so bland.

Maybe Villeneuve isn't my cup of tea.

SiL

SiL

I love Villeneuve as a director but his aesthetic is just so, so reserved.

Where's my half-naked twink fight to the death at the finale? Feyd's supposed to be dressed in nothing but his booby-trapped underwear.

Immortan Jonesy

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Considering Jessica isn't even in the book, I'd imagine so. :laugh:

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Just watched Dune Part II at home. Still amazing. Pretty much the best film of the year.

Now, Dune: Messiah.. I've been going back and forth with that on how they're gonna pull it off because the whole is essentially a soap opera. Still excited, nonetheless.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

I want my God Emperor tho.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed