Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 835,843 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Aliens - Special Edition

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Captain America: The First Avenger

Some good scenes, and Weaving is predictably on-point as a sneering Nazi, but overall it feels way too disjointed and schizophrenic - it kinda jumps from one scene to the next with no real feeling of connectivity. It also feels overly long, but manages to be anaemically superficial at the same time. For instance, we're never given a reason to care about any of the Howling Commandos; in fact, other than some threadbare history for Bucky, we don't even get to know who any of them are. Oh, and it's a bit dumb how this movie constantly bigs up Hydra's advanced weaponry as utterly world-beating and war-winning, only for their forces to get repeatedly pwned by a handful of regular GIs with old-fashioned shooters. As for Evans, much like Hemsworth and Hiddleston in the previous movie, he's decent in this but definitely grew into the role later on.

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer

Better than the previous short in that this was actually entirely new. And I guess it was kinda fun to see Coulson actually be a badass for once.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Predator
Predator 2

"Surveillance is my specialty!"

Predator 2 almost feels like they went to Danny Glover and asked him if he wanted to play Riggs instead of Murtagh.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Avengers aka Avengers Assemble because John Steed stole the original title here.

At the time I only went to see this in the cinema because I felt I should rather than because I wanted to - which made it all the more surprising when I thought it was absolutely brilliant. I seem to recall it coming out around the same time as the first Expendables, and this totally schools it in how to do a big ensemble movie. All the characters are balanced, everyone gets plenty to do, no one feels wasted. The principle cast members feed off each other and everyone has now well and truly grown into their roles and made them their own. Also how good is it to finally have an MCU movie with a decent score?!

Item 47

This was the first one-shot that actually felt like there was a point to it. A fun little side story. Got a kick out of seeing Bosch in the MCU :laugh:

So that's Phase One done and dusted. Summary - I thought the Iron Man films were great (2 was way better than I remembered) and Avengers was fantastic, but the other movies were pretty meh.

On to Phase Two.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Alien 3 - Assembly Cut

Not really where I'd have gone with Alien 3, but there's good stuff in here. That being said, the last hour of this drags pretty hard, even if it's overall a better movie than the theatrical.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Alien Resurrection

Oh my god, that's Tuco! :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 12, 2022, 07:05:56 PMAlien Resurrection

Oh my god, that's Tuco! :laugh:

Stitch

Stitch

Man of Steel 4K UHD

Good film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Predators

Very enjoyable, it just could have used two or three more alien species to flesh out the game preserve, and more Fishburne.

Now someone call Rob Liefeld and get him to adapt the Rodriguez draft into a comic.  :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 13, 2022, 02:03:36 PMMan of Steel 4K UHD

Good film.

Need to rewatch that one, it's been a while.

Any opinions on two other Snyder's DCEU movies ? .

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 13, 2022, 08:02:24 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Aug 13, 2022, 02:03:36 PMMan of Steel 4K UHD

Good film.

Need to rewatch that one, it's been a while.

Any opinions on two other Snyder's DCEU movies ? .
I like all of them, especially the extended editions, and I would have liked to have seen the original plan for the Justice League sequels.

I'm of the mind that the biggest enemy of the Justice League is WB themselves.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 13, 2022, 08:37:25 PMI'm of the mind that the biggest enemy of the Justice League is WB themselves.

Yep

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I don't like them but you're both right. They are masters at sabotaging themselves.

Stitch

Stitch

Alligator 2: The Mutation

What a tedious pile of crap.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bullet Train

This was awesome. Brad Pitt's character felt like Floyd from True Romance became a career criminal. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed