Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 835,866 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Intouchables (2011)

Prez

Prez

The Black Phone
This is was cool. Derrickson and Cargill have hit the right beats they did on Sinister and they've teamed up again with Ethan Hawke who is great in this.

It has a very Stephen King kind of vibe to it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Prey

Awesome.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Prey.....8/10

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Prey

Loved it. Not sure I'd stretch all the way to 9.6/10 or whatever it was on official review sites the last time I looked, but it's a solid 8/10. Probably the best Predator movie outside of the original, even if I think I personally still prefer the second one a bit.

This is definitely the first one since the second that understands the best way to do the Predator is to just drop it into a genre movie.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 05, 2022, 10:39:50 AMPrey

Loved it. Not sure I'd stretch all the way to 9.6/10 or whatever it was on official review sites the last time I looked, but it's a solid 8/10. Probably the best Predator movie outside of the original, even if I think I personally still prefer the second one a bit.

This is definitely the first one since the second that understands the best way to do the Predator is to just drop it into a genre movie.

^ Ditto. Was awesome. Was even more awesome when seeing my wife's surprise when the first big reveal of the Predator came on screen - she had no idea what this film was about.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Iron Man

So I honestly got bored of Marvel ages ago, but given that I have a month of Disney+ to use up following Prey I've decided to work my way through them, at least up to the end of the original saga as I've heard Infinity War in particular is well worth watching.

Despite my general apathy towards superheroes, I do really like the Iron Man films. (Upon reflection I think maybe I just struggle to relate to heroes with fantastical powers, whereas the ones who are essentially just people - Batman, Iron Man, Punisher - are more my cup of tea). As if it needed saying, Downey, Jr. completely and utterly makes this role his own and is superb in the part. It's pretty funny looking back at this comparatively modest movie now knowing what an absolute juggernaut this franchise would become. It's also weird seeing Terrence Howard in the role of Rhoady; with how vast this franchise's interconnected cast has become, it's easy to forget the early recastings. Anyway, suffice to say, this remains one of my favourites from the MCU.

Next up - The Incredible Hulk (Although why the ever-loving f**k is that one not on Disney+?! This is why I absolutely loathe streaming - three of the MCU movies are missing. I'm sure there are complicated legal reasons why they're not on Disney but it just makes a mockery of the whole system. Fortunately I've got that one on Blu-ray from when I bought the phase one box set.)

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Prey (2022).

Prez

Prez

Predator 2
My wife ... `this better get good at some point'.
Me ...`Blasphemy. How dare you!!!'
Spoiler
Was cool pointing out the 18 century pistol link to Prey
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

PREY

I haven't been this happy with the franchise since... the 90s movies? FUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Kradan

Kradan

Maybe some more specific thoughts ?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 08, 2022, 05:54:48 PMMaybe some more specific thoughts ?
I'll rewatch it at least a couple other times this week to really delve into everything. This deserves a big review

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Seven

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Incredible Hulk

What really kills this for me is the fact every single character is a worse piece of casting than it was in the Ang Lee movie. Norton has it twice as bad as anyone - great actor though he may be, he's inferior to both his predecessor Bana and his successor Ruffalo in the title role. Also the villain is basically just an evil Hulk, which feels massively uninspired after an opening Iron Man movie where the villain was basically just an evil Iron Man.

Iron Man 2

This was actually a lot better than I remembered it being. It's still kinda messy and Rourke isn't in it enough, but on the whole I really enjoyed seeing this again. It's also probably the first one in the MCU that feels like an MCU movie (for better or worse - lots of baddies blowing up cars but otherwise generally hurting nobody). Needless to say Downey, Jr. is still the star of the show, but Sam Rockwell is great too. Totally forgot about Elon Musk's cameo :laugh:

Thor

You'd think a movie with such a rich backstory to work with would at least manage to be interesting, but mostly I just find this to be kinda boring and underwhelming. Hopkins feels largely wasted, and while Hemsworth and Hiddleston are decent enough in their roles, both would go on to far greater performances later in the franchise. I'd completely forgotten that this is the film where Hawkeye first pops up (for all of five minutes).

I also watched the one-shot The Consultant. I've not seen any of these shorts before. It was OK. The central gag earned a laugh, but honestly it's hard to critique something that's only four minutes long and fully one third of it is just a scene from an existing movie replayed.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Alien

Why am I only just now wondering where they kept the litter box? :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed