Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced

Started by Darkness, Apr 26, 2022, 08:03:14 PM

Author
Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced (Read 38,433 times)

The Cruentus

Agreed but I have had a lot on my plate. Don't worry I will get around to it for sure.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 10, 2024, 11:46:40 PMYep, that is problem with using commments to expose people, they can just be deleted. Best to just make a youtube video exposing him. I've meaning to get around to do it myself but too many irons in the fire these days.
Yep, the YouTube channel GoodBadFlicks was shilling for Aliens Expanded and I posted a critical comment and he deleted it lmao

Should'a known better

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 11, 2024, 01:41:09 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 11, 2024, 12:30:35 AMDon't apologize, you have a right to be angry, especially since AT profits from that plagiarism. You should consider making a video exposing him. The more videos that does so, the more likely people will actually see him for what he is.

Haven't you reached this point yet?

https://media4.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExYmowODFrYXhmamFlMzFza2NzbTliNmVhZ2Z1OGpmaWl1dWx5ZDV5biZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/rf1RrgRLwAEFO/giphy.gif
I think it's time.

I've thought about it a few times a while back, but you just end up looking like a bitter arsehole.  Thought about a lot more since the Hbomberguy video.  Unfortunately it means watching hours of Alien Theory reading everyone else's homework and honestly who can be rooted?

Local Trouble

You have to get mad first.

If that's possible.

SM

I've always been mad.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Apr 11, 2024, 06:57:26 AMI've always been mad.

Honestly my interest in this thing died as soon as I found out Alien Theory was involved.

Nothing I'm hearing since is convincing me to change that standpoint :laugh:

SM

My expectation weren't great initially mainly because between the CdL docos, the enhancement pods and the Rinzler book - is there really another films worth of material for this, or is it just people talking about cool gunz and sploshunz?  Then the saturation marketing on social media drove me spare and Alien Thievery was on the tail end of that (did Aaron and Adam get a call?) and I was like 'Yeah, nah, I'm good'.

TheBATMAN

I do feel sorry for the fans who put so much work into writing countless wiki pages and articles etc only for their work to be largely plagerised by youtubers who then get all the glory when it comes to media projects such as this.

If AVPGalaxy and Xenopedia are not involved in this then it does feel wrong. Just another nail in the coffin of the written word if you ask me. I dispair that we live in an age where we need an 8 minute youtube video to tell us a single piece of information that could be written in a single sentence.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Apr 11, 2024, 03:27:11 AMI've thought about it a few times a while back, but you just end up looking like a bitter arsehole.  Thought about a lot more since the Hbomberguy video.

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDp3cB5fHXQ

QuoteUnfortunately it means watching hours of Alien Theory reading everyone else's homework and honestly who can be rooted?

I don't think people are going to get much traction behind them without something like this. I remember a couple of examples posted before but it was only a couple of sentences verbatim from Xenopedia (iirc). He has a massive audience that wont be convinced without a good expose.

I realize the irony of it, but I don't tend to watch a lot of Alien or Predator content creators. I read the hell out of articles and I listen to the other podcasters, but never been one for watching YouTubers. Collaborations have been suggested with him in the past, but I've always turned them down based on this stuff. But not all of the other podcasts have.

But I do think a new topic might be warranted for this.

Regarding Aliens Expanded. Obviously I'm biased because I did pledge for $140 for the physical media/shirt, and I did throw our support behind the project based on the pitch I was given that convinced me this wasn't just another Superior Firepower, but an exploration past just the making the film and will be posting about the Cameron announcement once some behind-the-scenes stuff is sorted and I can download the new trailer. 

I am disappointed to hear that criticism of the price was deflected with a "true fan" vibe to them, that is never the best approach imo. But the comments about the documentary being released for free are somewhat off base, I feel. This isn't like me trying to get interviews with people. I can't remember if this happened to me or another podcast I spoke to, but fan outlets have been asked to pay for interviews before and it's something that then get turned down.

These guys are a proper studio. Yes, it's not an "official" documentary but outside of the ones on the home releases, none are, but it is a professional setup with actual costs to cover, as well as trying to generate a profit to keep making more of these.

I've yet to see a cut of the documentary (I was too overwhelmed to watch a limited time screener, and I can't make the screening in London) but I'm still hopeful this is a deeper look at Aliens as I was convinced. Hopefully I wont have egg on my face about the whole thing, but we'll be finding out soon.

SM

QuoteThis one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDp3cB5fHXQ

Precisement.

QuoteHe has a massive audience that wont be convinced without a good expose.

Precisement also.  Unless you could pin down literally dozens of examples, his fanbase isn't going to care. I'd rather get on with my own stuff.

TheDerelict

Do you think there will ever be an Alien 3 Expanded documentary with Fincher involved?
For that, you can have £100 and my soul. 😄

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: TheDerelict on Apr 11, 2024, 11:09:49 AMDo you think there will ever be an Alien 3 Expanded documentary with Fincher involved?
For that, you can have £100 and my soul. 😄
I don't think that's ever gonna happen. Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection are the two that were fairly maligned back in the day and to an extent, today. They're not as universal as Alien and Aliens.

GrimmVision

Damn, the Alien Theory plagiarism stuff really disappoints me. Been a long time viewer of the videos he posts regarding Alien, and I guess I'm not here on the forums often enough to realize there's been multiple occurrences of it.  :-\

I know of Mr. H. - Any other big names in the fandom that tote themselves around as genuine but are really kinda shitty? I'd love to know who to steer clear of.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I think there was a thread where I posted videos and parts of our wiki to show the plagiarism.

Here is the thread I think, or atleast one of them. https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=61495.msg2510534#msg2510534

Thatguy2068

How about project Acheron is he in the clear?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed