The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots

Started by ikarop, May 30, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

Author
The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots (Read 92,335 times)

Berserker Pred

Quote from: DRAKE M. on Jun 06, 2012, 03:29:44 PM
No wonder the game was delayed again....graphics are lame and game play looks worse than AVP 2010. They need to start from scratch.

The graphics looks very good!

Dovahkiin

No wonder the game was delayed again....graphics are lame and game play looks worse than AVP 2010. They need to start from scratch.
I disagree completely. The graphics and gameplay are good and solid, but oh well.

The Xenoborg

SuperM

Thought the third person looked a bit artificial, the alien movements looked unnatural and a bit robotic (the pounce looked weird, as did some of the walking), i also find third person quite uninvolving, i much prefer first person.
the camera angle for most aliens was quite well positioned but sucked for that huge alien, i also found the huge alien's movements quite weird, as if it was just gliding over the landscape without really interacting with it...

PVTDukeMorrison

The 3rd person looks fine (apart from the crusher, can't see sh*t), but the animations are still a bit off. Hopefully they have time to polish.

RagingDragon

I think they made the right decision going third-person.  Most people just can't handle the vertigo of first-person wall walking.

But it might be a bit better if they zoomed the camera in a bit or something, and made it feel less like you were driving a car around.

DRAKE M.

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 06, 2012, 03:38:01 PM
I disagree completely. The graphics and gameplay are good and solid, but oh well.
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/haters-gonna-hate-2.jpg?w=500&h=642
Nothing about this game is jumping out as amazing to me...it's all just OK. The pulse rifles don't even sound like pulse rifles...all the time they have had to make this game, it should look AMAZING! Not average...

The Xenoborg

Quote from: DRAKE M. on Jun 06, 2012, 04:47:48 PM
Nothing about this game is jumping out as amazing to me...it's all just OK. The pulse rifles don't even sound like pulse rifles...all the time they have had to make this game, it should look AMAZING! Not average...
But you've not even played the final game  :-X

Dovahkiin

Your definition of OK is "graphics are lame and gameplay is worse than avp 2010"? Wow, you must have a very broad definition of OK. But that's alright. That is your opinion. I think it looks great.

ikarop

spychi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD3yVwC0fjg#
I'm sorry I could not resist it, whenever I see that alien hopping to the right I picture that dog... I have nothing against this game and I love the evolution idea... But they really need to fix the walking to the side animation...I know I know the game isn't realesed or even in beta stages but I thought I would point that out.

Le Celticant

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Jun 06, 2012, 04:52:48 PM

Same sentence before AVP-R -> My opinion haven't changed when I saw it.
Same sentence before Predators -> My opinion haven't changed when I saw it.
Same sentence before AVP2010 was released -> My opinion haven't changed when I saw it.
Same sentence before Prometheus -> My opinion haven't changed when I saw it.

The game looks crap for me as it is.
Sure the environment are fine but everything is just a step back and hasn't improve in anyways the gameplay.
They just went a total other direction just as AVP2010 did and in the end they gave an average/disappointed product.

The more I see footage, the more I understand Gearbox problems through the development of this game.
AVP2 may have had Alien 3rd person too because the wallwalk was glitchy and every wall transition felt square rather than smooth. This is the exact same thing with A:CM which means that instead of having sharp / cubic transition while doing wallwalk they favored a 3rd person but that doesn't help because what made AVP2010 looks smooth on the inside (1st p) make it looks good on the outside since arms, fingers & legs perfectly matched the surface.

Plus we get again that moron claw attack from the Xeno that looks like nothing.
Why da heck having claw as primarily attack?
They have tail and jaw, I really don't see where's the point of having claw beside grabbing someone.

spychi

spychi

Just because you don't like it that doesn't make it a fact that it's indeed crappy, I loved Prometheus and on my top 5 list it pushed out Pandorum
1. Aliens
2. Alien
3. The thing
4. Prometheus
5. Ali3n

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 06, 2012, 05:16:29 PM
Quote from: The Xenoborg on Jun 06, 2012, 04:52:48 PM

Same sentence before AVP-R -> My opinion haven't changed when I saw it.
Same sentence before Predators -> My opinion haven't changed when I saw it.
Same sentence before AVP2010 was released -> My opinion haven't changed when I saw it.
Same sentence before Prometheus -> My opinion haven't changed when I saw it.

The game looks crap for me as it is.
Sure the environment are fine but everything is just a step back and hasn't improve in anyways the gameplay.
They just went a total other direction just as AVP2010 did and in the end they gave an average/disappointed product.

The more I see footage, the more I understand Gearbox problems through the development of this game.
AVP2 may have had Alien 3rd person too because the wallwalk was glitchy and every wall transition felt square rather than smooth. This is the exact same thing with A:CM which means that instead of having sharp / cubic transition while doing wallwalk they favored a 3rd person but that doesn't help because what made AVP2010 looks smooth on the inside (1st p) make it looks good on the outside since arms, fingers & legs perfectly matched the surface.

Plus we get again that moron claw attack from the Xeno that looks like nothing.
Why da heck having claw as primarily attack?
They have tail and jaw, I really don't see where's the point of having claw beside grabbing someone.

Just because you have an opinion, doesn't make it fact, bro. Your sounding very arrogant as to the fact that you were basically saying you can predict what exactly something will be like, when you cant. I LOVED predators. Seriously. Chill. We're all friendly here having a conversation about a video game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed