The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 324,310 times)

Haggar

Haggar

Quote from: Big Head Ninja on Feb 17, 2010, 06:13:14 AM
Saw a review of AVP in the Herald Sun newspaper this morning, they gave it 4/5 and said its a very fun game, especially so for fans. I must admit, it was quite a surprise to flick through the paper and see a big screenshot of the Alien holding the civilian down to get facehugged right in the middle of the page ;D

:D :D

dude63

dude63

Whity review. Hes not a professional reviewer but he made a pretty good review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20coIHd4gPI&feature=sub

hardwired

hardwired

areagames.de (german) 7/10

Anyhow, i always read, that it isnt as good as COD, Gears of War and Halo. Yeah, nice games, but nothing totally mindblowin (like Deus Ex  ;D). AVP is atleast something different.
Im pretty sure, many of the reviewers dont care about the PC Version and dont play much on the PC. Really...

Puks

Puks

Comparing it to other games is stupid. The only real comparison can be made with previous AvP titles.

AvP3 (yes, it's AvP THREE) is a decent game with a high fun factor for fans of the franchise(s), but unfortunately, it's not as good as its predecessors. Patches and DLC may upgrade the game somewhat, however, The Legends (AvP1 & 2) are still unbeaten.

hardwired

hardwired

Quote from: Puks on Feb 18, 2010, 08:50:46 PM
Comparing it to other games is stupid. The only real comparison can be made with previous AvP titles.

AvP3 (yes, it's AvP THREE) is a decent game with a high fun factor for fans of the franchise(s), but unfortunately, it's not as good as its predecessors. Patches and DLC may upgrade the game somewhat, however, The Legends (AvP1 & 2) are still unbeaten.

I think you can have a different opinion about that. Both games felt pretty much like a game - arcady anyhow. I really liked the rinecampaign and storyline of AVP2, but the MP seemed like a Quake3-mod with aliens and preds in it. With the AJL-Mod many things are better, but i still outdanced preds and aliens with bunnyhopp and blasted them with the shotgun. A good game. But really a game.
In AVP it still isnt really realistic, but it feels less like an arcady game and appear much more "real", so less like a game, more like the movies/reality.

Thats "just", how i feel about it, but even if the scores are less good, as the ones from the previous titles i prefer the new one for the experience.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Total Film gave AvP 4 stars out of 5. Seen it in the magazine in morrisons , its not reviewed online.

Puks

Puks

QuoteQuake3

I love that game. Insane pacing.

Yeah, doesn't work for an AvP game.

Steve C

Steve C

I think this game is a big improvement over the previous ones, but hey, to each his own.

afrocat

afrocat

I barely played the last ones so this is my into to the series basically.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

The Legends (AvP1 & 2) are still unbeaten.

The gameplay in this game really makes a fool of the previous two.

afrocat

afrocat

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 19, 2010, 12:39:43 AM

Due to the balance correct?

Chaotic-Strike

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 19, 2010, 12:39:43 AM

They drastically improved the predator they were never that fun in avp2 feeling like marines with power weapons and a cloak ability, i'd rarely be them . Aliens were also fairly boring in avp2 as pounce was their only way of really doing major damage. AVP 2010 just needs to improve their melee and make them quieter.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: afrocat on Feb 19, 2010, 12:55:45 AM
Due to the balance correct?

Partially due to the balance and partially due the alterations in gameplay mechanics to better suit the Aliens and the Predators.

ikarop

ikarop

G4TV 2/5.

dude63

dude63

Giant bomb 2/5

http://www.giantbomb.com/aliens-vs-predator/61-26532/reviews/

Gametrailers review 7.7/10

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-aliens-vs/62073

Upon reading review a bulk of complaints are coming from bugs. I reckon the game will be more functionable when Rebellion/Sega releases a patch to fix numerous issues with the game. Look at flashpoint after ptaches the game is more functional. Granted avp is no way getting a load of horrible reviews (only 6 out of like 35) it is however mixed. This I belive is from how different and old school feel avp has. Its just different for this gen..and I think that why some people don't give it a chance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed