The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 324,324 times)

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: PLEXI on Feb 11, 2010, 01:32:24 PM
I agree that somethings were put off due to being "lazy"

i give up :D

because a model is done and has some animations doesn`t mean a thing without a game to put them into.
what you`ve got there is a flickbook, NOT a game

Corporal Hicks

Got the latest issue of OXM. Will scan up after work.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: S.Y.L on Feb 11, 2010, 01:36:57 PM
Quote from: PLEXI on Feb 11, 2010, 01:32:24 PM
I agree that somethings were put off due to being "lazy"

i give up :D

because a model is done and has some animations doesn`t mean a thing without a game to put them into.

Don't bother, some people would criticize The David as lazy since its all one color.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 11, 2010, 01:41:15 PM

Nice thnx! They don't sell the OXM here anymore, I wonder why.

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 11, 2010, 01:42:03 PM
Don't bother, some people would criticize The David as lazy since its all one color.

lol
Rodins thinker doesn`t look like he`s thinking hard enough either....

RubberChickenMan

RubberChickenMan

ign uk's review is out

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1068446p1.html

enjoy

Edit: just realized it was posted anyways this is for anyone who missed it such as myself.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 11, 2010, 01:44:45 PM

8 out of 10. The only thing they didn't like was that they thought the marine campaign was better than the others. Stating that the marine campaign was perfect and the most authentic Aliens experience ever. Very positive review. Can't say I agree on their comments about the other campaigns, however. It was mostly just about complaints of the narrative not being as driving. And that some points where the locations in the games intersected and weren't as fresh.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 11, 2010, 02:31:47 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Feb 11, 2010, 01:44:45 PM

8 out of 10. The only thing they didn't like was that they thought the marine campaign was better than the others. Stating that the marine campaign was perfect and the most authentic Aliens experience ever. Very positive review. Can't say I agree on their comments about the other campaigns, however. It was mostly just about complaints of the narrative not being as driving. And that some points where the locations in the games intersected and weren't as fresh.

Sounds reasonable, I can't see myself complain about that stuff tho. I'm pretty sure which will be my favorite campaign. Also, I guess there hasn't been a game like AvP in years and the other campaigns aren't as conventional as the marine one, the reviewers might tend to prefer it... we'll know for sure on the 19th :P

Btw, just learned from Sega that IGN got the exclusive to release the review online this early, it's the only online review that will go live this week. The rest of online reviews will go live on Monday Jan 15th from 3 P.M. GMT+0.

newbeing

newbeing

Is that UK IGN only or both U.S. and Australia as well?

RubberChickenMan

Quote from: newbeing on Feb 11, 2010, 03:42:03 PM
Is that UK IGN only or both U.S. and Australia as well?

uk only.

PLEXI

PLEXI

Quotebecause a model is done and has some animations doesn`t mean a thing without a game to put them into.
>_>... I put lazy in quotes for a reason.  I'm well aware of the game development process.

QuoteThe only thing they didn't like was that they thought the marine campaign was better than the others.
That's kind of expected.  It's been the case since the first AVP game. I just hope the difference isn't too jarring.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

[/quote]

Btw, just learned from Sega that IGN got the exclusive to release the review online this early, it's the only online review that will go live this week. The rest of online reviews will go live on Monday Jan 15th from 3 P.M. GMT+0.
[/quote]

Thats not a good thing.... it might be because they knew it was the highest score it was going to get ''online'' build the hype a bit more maybe... we'll see.

I think Gametrailers will hate it 7.5 tops.....!!

We'll see though!!

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: LogansFolly on Feb 11, 2010, 04:50:09 PM
QuoteBtw, just learned from Sega that IGN got the exclusive to release the review online this early, it's the only online review that will go live this week. The rest of online reviews will go live on Monday Jan 15th from 3 P.M. GMT+0.

Thats not a good thing.... it might be because they knew it was the highest score it was going to get ''online'' build the hype a bit more maybe... we'll see.

I think Gametrailers will hate it 7.5 tops.....!!

We'll see though!!

Not really, besides magazines are still releasing more reviews. Apparently Eurogamer (NOT THEM) will give the game a 9/10 so not the highest in the UK.

Jobe

Jobe

QuoteThe rest of online reviews will go live on Monday Jan 15th from 3 P.M. GMT+0.

Jan 15th ? God damm, I guess we have to wait another year for those then hehe ;)

ikarop

ikarop

That's for the UK. Not sure about how the US team is managing it. I should ask I guess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed