Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 194,292 times)

Corporal Hicks

http://hulkingreviewer.com/home/reviews/aliens-defiance-6/

So Dave liked lissue #6. "I honestly don't what else to say at this point, I'm running out of positive adjectives. Defiance is the penultimate Aliens series right now, and has the potential to be the new benchmark. Go get it."

426Buddy

How can any fan not love Defiance? It's easily one of the best aliens series ever printed.

XenoZipper

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 25, 2016, 03:47:18 PM
How can any fan not love Defiance? It's easily one of the best aliens series ever printed.

Beings as I seem to be the only one here that doesn't like it much, for me I just have no care for the characters and the throwbacks to Alien Isolation as I didn't like the game much either. That's just me though. The art is pretty decent I'll admit that but characters and story are doing nothing for me personally. I dunno, something just rubs me the wrong way with these new comic series but that's why I'm not going to bother saying anything about them anymore when new issues come out. Easier to keep it to myself when I'm the only one thinking that way haha

Nostromo

Nostromo

What if there was a dancing Godzila, a transformer and slimer from Ghostbusters in it? lol

Anyhow, issue 6 was awesome. Going to be great reading the TPB's in a few months. I was quick to call this the best series ever,  but I think that's what it will be known as when it's all said and done.

Going to pick up issue #6 tomorrow. And Galgo #25 as well.

XenoZipper

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 25, 2016, 07:29:47 PM
What if there was a dancing Godzila, a transformer and slimer from Ghostbusters in it? lol

Haha no, that would be stupid. Not into mixing properties. I wish I could get into Defiance but I just can't really. I like the art and that's about it. I haven't really dug anything Dark Horse has done with the property since rebooting back in 2009 but I'll forever love most the stuff they did prior to that.

Corporal Hicks

Another great review: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2016/10/25/aliens-defiance-6-review/

And a comment from Tristan's Facebook about #6.  :)

QuoteThis week's issue of Aliens is pretty special to me. From Brian's script to Dan's colours, I've never had more fun on a comic, or been happier with the work.

Really can't wait to pick up this issue!

bobby brown

So... about Hollis...

Spoiler
How come she is pregnant with a chestburster? no way the facehuggers had their way with her the short time she was alone with them?
[close]

HuDaFuK

Spoiler
I assumed it happened before Zula and Davis found her (in the previous issue). But that would then beg the question why she was attacked by Facehuggers in the hallway at all if she was already impregnated.
[close]

As for issue #6, another great one! Possibly replaces the last one as my favourite so far.

XenoZipper

Not a bad issue, I actually liked this one for once haha

Spoiler
I too am very curious why the facehuggers attacked Hollis if she already has an alien inside her. She wasn't lookin' too bad at the end too  :P Nice art.
[close]

HuDaFuK

I went back for a re-read from issue 1 now that we're apparently halfway through this series, and something struck me - how can Davis 04 be in Extravehicular (which we haven't caught up to yet) if Davis 01 killed all the other Davis units in issue 3?

tyrannosaurusjones

Thanks guys. Really hope you all like 6...! Very special issue and quite possibly the last I do for the foreseeable future. Had a few things personally get in the way of the schedule beyond just being finicky about details (which slows me down). As for extravehicular -- don't take it too close to heart. A LOT has changed from our original direction with this, and Extravehicular was always meant to be more of a "comic book trailer" of sorts than a full blown story. Kind of a taste of the sort of things to expect in the comics.

SM

SM

That's a shame.  Mind you I googled Stephen Thompson and his style isn't that dissimilar to yours, so looks promising.

Have you got any jobs on the go that we should look out for?

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: SM on Oct 27, 2016, 01:19:12 AM
Have you got any jobs on the go that we should look out for?

You know how Prometheus is basically "At the Mountains of Madness" and that "Alien" is probably the best Lovecraftian movie in existence? Imagine if Ridley took Giger, Cobb and the rest of the crew decided to make At the Mountains of Madness instead of Alien. I'm adapting At the Mountains of Madness and basically making it look/feel like Alien. Some creative licenses here and there to make it work in space, but I want it to be as close to the original text as possible, so if you liked Defiance, but wished it was a little more "creepy", that's what this will be. I'll be doing that with Waxwork Comics (an offshoot of the record company). I'm also in talks to do my own book at Image, along with something horror related at Dynamite and something else at Dark Horse. Plenty of plates spinning!

SM

SM

Sounds awesome.  Are you writing that as well as doing the art?

tyrannosaurusjones

Yeah, I used to write the Ninja Turtles and did some other things here and there, so I'm aching to get back to that. Had a lot of people ask why I wasn't just doing it all myself, but I'm not gonna turn a writer like Brian away! ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed