Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,716 times)

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

But the locking triangle sound was the original one in AvP R (i love so much this effect).
And (that's personal) the Plasma shooting sound in AvPR was better than the weird "bloop" sound of AvP plasma caster (but that's only my opinion)

Valaquen

First Blood

First Blood

^ The AVP alien is environmentally friendly. No mess to worry about.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 30, 2010, 01:35:48 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 29, 2010, 09:00:45 PM
Barely any.

Yeah man, that's so right.

Yeah man, it is. Compared to the original movies, that's nothing. You might want to re-watch them for confirmation.

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 30, 2010, 10:00:55 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 30, 2010, 01:35:48 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 29, 2010, 09:00:45 PM
Barely any.

Yeah man, that's so right.

Yeah man, it is. Compared to the original movies, that's nothing. You might want to re-watch them for confirmation.

Quite.  How many seconds of screen time is all that lot?  5? 6?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

5 definitely. If we really wanted to be generous, 7.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah man, it is.
No, it isn't. "Barely any"... barely fits those sequences (see what I did there?)

Compared to the original movies, that's nothing. You might want to re-watch them for confirmation.
Alien got only one monstrously gory scene, and it is the chestbursting scene. Inside the film there are only two more, alas Brett's death (bolt-quick, and we don't get to see much) and Parker & Lambert's, the first being bolt-quick like Brett's and the second offscreen, although we later see the bl00dy foot.
Aliens got Ferro's demise and the Woman chestbursted, for the rest there isn't much by far.
Alien3 and Alien: Resurrection are pretty gory, not exceedingly but they indeed have more gore than AvP.
Predator & Predator 2 too are gory.
..But I don't even understand why we're discussing (again; it is like the fifth time I get into this argument) about how AvP "lacks" gore; for the hell of it, I really don't care if the Alien/Predator films are or are not gory; Alien would be a masterpiece even if the Chestbursting had half of the blood. Aliens would have survived without the blood sprayed on the dropship window, Predator would be one of the most memorable films eve even without the Predator blowing Mac's brains straight off, etc. Gore means nothing when we have to give a judgement to a film. AvP has a lot of flaws, but gore isn't one of them by a long shot.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

I agree. Not the gore is what makes these movies so amazing; it is included some (or many) times, ye... but tension is kept up many other ways, not only bloodshed... avp is not bad because it has few gory/ bloody scenes... only it is higlighted becuse how bad that ovie is.

And by the way the point in the movie is aliens fighting predators: there is really much acidic blood and luminescent as well... (the latter looks terrible though).

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I would imagine more fans of Alien would be voting AvP, and more fans of Predator would vote AvP:R.

I vote them both as massive cinematic fails, and sentence Anderson and the Strauses to sitting in a steam room heated by the steaming piles of shit that are their movies. For eternity.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 01, 2010, 11:19:26 AM
Yeah man, it is.
No, it isn't. "Barely any"... barely fits those sequences (see what I did there?)

Compared to the original movies, that's nothing. You might want to re-watch them for confirmation.
Alien got only one monstrously gory scene, and it is the chestbursting scene. Inside the film there are only two more, alas Brett's death (bolt-quick, and we don't get to see much) and Parker & Lambert's, the first being bolt-quick like Brett's and the second offscreen, although we later see the bl00dy foot.
Aliens got Ferro's demise and the Woman chestbursted, for the rest there isn't much by far.
Alien3 and Alien: Resurrection are pretty gory, not exceedingly but they indeed have more gore than AvP.
Predator & Predator 2 too are gory.
..But I don't even understand why we're discussing (again; it is like the fifth time I get into this argument) about how AvP "lacks" gore; for the hell of it, I really don't care if the Alien/Predator films are or are not gory; Alien would be a masterpiece even if the Chestbursting had half of the blood. Aliens would have survived without the blood sprayed on the dropship window, Predator would be one of the most memorable films eve even without the Predator blowing Mac's brains straight off, etc. Gore means nothing when we have to give a judgement to a film. AvP has a lot of flaws, but gore isn't one of them by a long shot.

Whether or not the films are masterpieces is neither here nor there. My point was that the films were never shy about getting being graphic when it came to people dying yet for some reason Anderson decided to play it safe and IMO, it hurt the overall movie.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 01, 2010, 04:18:32 PM
I would imagine more fans of Alien would be voting AvP, and more fans of Predator would vote AvP:R.

I vote them both as massive cinematic fails, and sentence Anderson and the Strauses to sitting in a steam room heated by the steaming piles of shit that are their movies. For eternity.

Now, now; Anderson did make Event Horizon. That gets him a bit of slack.

'Course, he also made that terrible Soldier film, and then tried to say it took place in the Blade Runner universe. Hm...

First Blood

First Blood

Damn, I never knew he tried to pass Soldier off as a Blade Runner spin-off.  :o

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Actually, just looked it up; Anderson didn't say that. However, the writer (David Peoples) did.

Ghostface

Ghostface

The lack of gore wasnt the problem in AVP. They fixed this for AVP:R and look how that turned out. A bad script is a bad script no matter how many gallons of blood were shed. Having said that, AVP was the first PG movie of the series. Good start to a franchise...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed