AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,711 times)

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: SiL on Apr 06, 2010, 11:48:04 PM

After the ship had crashed.

After the ship crashed the only pred that was killed was the one that blowed the ship... unless you are counting Wolf but I thought we were talking about AvPr's beggining

Chopper was also distracted in AvP.

Yeah... but instead of being grabbed by a alien and then being headbited, he was impaled and then lifted by a 3 meter tail

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Apr 06, 2010, 10:27:05 PM
I really don't get what's so bad about three Predators going down so quickly, when they're up against, you know; a frickin' Alien.

The so called "Perfect organism." who's "structural perfection is matched only by its hostility."!

Yeah, remember him? Oh no, of course not. Cos' Aliens proceeded to piss all over that concept and turn 'em into mindless "bugs".

Oh and FYI; this is coming from a Predator fan.

Being up against an Alien doesn't mean anything. If Aliens were so damn perfect, they wouldn't be at a complete disadvantage at long range. Up close is where there strength lies.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Being up against an Alien means absolutely everything.

Being that this is Alien vs. Predator.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It means nothing in the sense, that just because it's an Alien doesn't mean the Predator will automatically lose which is what I assumed Harrigan was implying with his post.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 07, 2010, 12:35:06 AM
After the ship crashed the only pred that was killed was the one that blowed the ship...
Yes. Which the PredAlien killed.

QuoteYeah... but instead of being grabbed by a alien and then being headbited, he was impaled and then lifted by a 3 meter tail
What's the length of the tail got to do with anything?

He was impaled by a tail, end sentence. Nothing wrong with that.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: SiL on Apr 07, 2010, 02:15:41 AM

Yes. Which the PredAlien killed.
I know!

What's the length of the tail got to do with anything?

He was impaled by a tail, end sentence. Nothing wrong with that.

If the tail wasnt so big it wouldnt reach him, and Chopper should have done something after being impaled

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The tail went through his spine. You can't do much when you're paralysed.

Wolf_sas

Wolf_sas

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 07, 2010, 02:40:43 AM

The fact they had a predator with those massive blades on each arm and you don't get to see him do anything except kick some bint when shes down because she goes for an ice pick, that's what was disappointing to me, at least have him slice an alien in half or somethng before he gets impaled by grid.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 07, 2010, 01:53:44 AM
It means nothing in the sense, that just because it's an Alien doesn't mean the Predator will automatically lose which is what I assumed Harrigan was implying with his post.

No.

What I was trying to get across is that in the original Alien film, the creature is portrayed as a perfect organism who's very nature is to kill. So taking this into account, why is it such a big deal when an Alien takes out two Predators in quick succession?

And that's not to mention the fact that the Predators in AvP are hunting these Aliens because it's considered a "right of passage", suggesting that the Alien must be a formidable opponent... or why bother at all?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Disproving the default belief that Predators will generally beat an Alien only gets sweeter when its supported by Predator-preferential fans themselves.

Unpredictable, context-sensitive battles ftw.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Quote from: Wolf_sas on Apr 07, 2010, 10:07:09 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 07, 2010, 02:40:43 AM

The fact they had a predator with those massive blades on each arm and you don't get to see him do anything except kick some bint when shes down because she goes for an ice pick, that's what was disappointing to me, at least have him slice an alien in half or somethng before he gets impaled by grid.

It's the perfect killing organism, it can and will sneak up on Predators. Predators can't just "slice an Alien in half" either. It's the same AvP:R bullshit getting into your heads. In all honesty, the Alien killing two Predators demonstrates rather nicely how dangerous they are; albeit with massive hulk Predators anyway. If the Predator wasn't a steroid junky that fight would of ended much quicker.

Wolf_sas

Wolf_sas

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Apr 07, 2010, 12:17:52 PM
It's the perfect killing organism, it can and will sneak up on Predators. Predators can't just "slice an Alien in half" either. It's the same AvP:R bullshit getting into your heads. In all honesty, the Alien killing two Predators demonstrates rather nicely how dangerous they are; albeit with massive hulk Predators anyway. If the Predator wasn't a steroid junky that fight would of ended much quicker.

And if celtic had his shoulder cannon grid would have died when he pounced or even while he was up high, if his wrist blades hadn't melted(which is just awful) he'd have killed grid when he was in the net or sooner.

I get what you're saying, aliens are deadly, no shit, they are awesome killing machines, but the manner in which the predators died is just hard to take.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

How is it hard to take?

Chopper was preoccupied and caught off guard.

Celtic put up a good fight but in close quarters combat the Alien was stronger. End of.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Apr 07, 2010, 12:17:52 PM

It was the perfect killing organism, since ALIENS they became space bugs. Ripley killed a bunch of aliens and even the queen and you still think that they can kill a pred with no problem?
If the aliens werent turned into bugs, i dont think many fans would bitch about 2 preds being killed by a alien, if it was like the one in ALIEN

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ripley never killed the Queen.
And Aliens are still deadly since Aliens. They kicked the ass of a bunch of Marines armed to teeth. If that isn't enough for you guys...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed