AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,682 times)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 25, 2010, 02:11:33 AM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 24, 2010, 08:06:59 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 24, 2010, 04:26:20 AM
Isn't it? Why would he care about the infestation in the first place? He could just let it be.
Do you watch movies about cops and call it a plot hole that they care about fighting crime in the first place? :-\

That's different. Crime needs to be stopped; that's black and white. An Alien outbreak has nothing to do with Wolf.

You could infer that he was sort of the like a police force. The real question is: why did he not nuke the place? AvP, this films direct predecessor, established that when things get out of hand, they nuke the place. Yet Wolf goes and does it on his own.

The movie is broken right to its very core.

Bevo2506

Bevo2506

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 25, 2010, 06:59:28 AM
Quote from: Bevo2506 on Feb 25, 2010, 03:35:25 AM
Quote from: Keg on Feb 25, 2010, 03:06:43 AM
Wow more people like AVPR than AVP. I know theyre both bad but that is a shock,

AVP Isn't bad its excellent! it basically gives the story of how Aliens & Predators met and what they are doing. Think of it like a DNA strand (double helix). a Dna strand is like a manual for humans and everything that lives. It bascially breaks down of what you are. How your made. how you look like your parents. so AVP is the basic manual to like understand these two Great Killers found each other and their purpose.

AVPR is just some wild goose chase that doesn't make much sense.

I thought it was okay, but that's taking it a little far.

Ya sorry i went a lil far on my opinion. I was just trying to give a example and thats the only one that popped in my head. Sorry for the bad example guys.

SM

SM

QuoteThat's different. Crime needs to be stopped; that's black and white. An Alien outbreak has nothing to do with Wolf.

You know the whole 'Wolf' thing is taken from Pulp Fiction?  Wolf's entire purpose in AvP:Poo is to "solve problems".

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: SiL on Feb 25, 2010, 11:50:49 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 25, 2010, 02:11:33 AM
That's different.
Not in the least.

Why do those particular people care? Why aren't they criminals instead? Why aren't they apathetic? Why aren't they desk jockeys?

An Alien outbreak has as much to do with Wolf as a breaking and entering down the street does to you or me - maybe not a whole heap to us personally, but in the grander scheme of things, probably a good idea to not let it happen.

Or, more simply, given they strap nuclear bombs to their wrists every time they go outside to play just in case they get cornered, I think it's safe to assume that cleaning up their mess is a pretty big priority to these guys, and Wolf just so happens to be a dude who does the cleaning.

Why does he do it, specifically? Who cares, it's not important - All we need to know is that when someone drops the ball, Wolf swings in to pick it up. It's what he does.

Well, supposedly.

That was very well said.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Feb 26, 2010, 01:08:48 AM
QuoteThat's different. Crime needs to be stopped; that's black and white. An Alien outbreak has nothing to do with Wolf.

You know the whole 'Wolf' thing is taken from Pulp Fiction?  Wolf's entire purpose in AvP:Poo is to "solve problems".

Never saw PF.

The Demon

The Demon

The Wolf is a character from Pulp Fiction who cleans up crime scenes. That's the reference in a nut shell.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

And it makes me cringe every time I think about it.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 26, 2010, 03:46:31 AM
And it makes me cringe every time I think about it.

more like dry reach

szuran

szuran

I watched AVP last night again and I have to say it LOOKS great (except the predators), but it's the dumbest piece of mind diarrhea I've ever seen. I like some shots - like the satellite, the spaceship floating over that guy's head, or Grid owning one of the preds - but I HATE the dialogues, the main chick character or idiotic plot. It gets 7/10 for looks and 1/10 for the rest.

AVPR, on the other hand, is incredibly straightforward and mindless, but it's coherent enough not to care about it's flaws. It's a fan movie - the best I've ever seen. It consists ONLY of references, but their put together quite nice. I like it. It's pure fun. Not a bit ambitious, but Anderson had ambitions and look what he's done to the franchise. I like AVPR and I'm not ashamed to say this.:) 8/10

JediMasterGabe

JediMasterGabe

Quote from: szuran on Feb 26, 2010, 06:01:43 PM
I watched AVP last night again and I have to say it LOOKS great (except the predators), but it's the dumbest piece of mind diarrhea I've ever seen. I like some shots - like the satellite, the spaceship floating over that guy's head, or Grid owning one of the preds - but I HATE the dialogues, the main chick character or idiotic plot. It gets 7/10 for looks and 1/10 for the rest.

AVPR, on the other hand, is incredibly straightforward and mindless, but it's coherent enough not to care about it's flaws. It's a fan movie - the best I've ever seen. It consists ONLY of references, but their put together quite nice. I like it. It's pure fun. Not a bit ambitious, but Anderson had ambitions and look what he's done to the franchise. I like AVPR and I'm not ashamed to say this.:) 8/10

Acually AvP is full of references from the comics (including the main character girl teaming up with the predator and the whole idea of Predators hunting Aliens for sport and rite of passage). But I will agree that the dialouge is crap, but i though it was even worse in AvP:R. But whatever, it's your opinion.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: szuran on Feb 26, 2010, 06:01:43 PM
...but it's coherent enough not to care about it's flaws...

...put together quite nice...

...8/10...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79oC63H7HbI

(Sorry if this seems a bit mean-spirited, it was the only suitable response I could come up with.)

MastaMarek

MastaMarek

AVPR > AVP anytime of the day or night. Paul Anderson can go hang himself. Everything sucked about AVP. At least in AVPR we got some R action and blood. Also how can AVP story be better then AVPR!? Its not like any of these movies are a sequel to Citizen Kane. AVP movie should have a lot of mindless action and predators raping aliens and everything else that moves. AVPR was pretty good. I give it 8/10. I didn't care for acting of characters as they all died anyway so I was satisfied. The black girl and that itialian dude in AVP were more then annoying, and they were teh main characters. sic. pretty much ruins the whole movie as they cant die. Hope AVP3 will be a huge step up as none of those AVP movies so far were any good. Where is Arnie? where is James Cameron? stop bullshieting around with some avatar crap and get your ass to direct a proper movie for fans, not some elf fetish for homos.

SiL

SiL

They see me trollin', they hatin' ...

Oh wait, you're being serious.

Aw.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: MastaMarek on Feb 26, 2010, 11:50:43 PM
AVPR > AVP anytime of the day or night. Paul Anderson can go hang himself. Everything sucked about AVP. At least in AVPR we got some R action and blood. Also how can AVP story be better then AVPR!? Its not like any of these movies are a sequel to Citizen Kane. AVP movie should have a lot of mindless action and predators raping aliens and everything else that moves. AVPR was pretty good. I give it 8/10. I didn't care for acting of characters as they all died anyway so I was satisfied. The black girl and that itialian dude in AVP were more then annoying, and they were teh main characters. sic. pretty much ruins the whole movie as they cant die. Hope AVP3 will be a huge step up as none of those AVP movies so far were any good. Where is Arnie? where is James Cameron? stop bullshieting around with some avatar crap and get your ass to direct a proper movie for fans, not some elf fetish for homos.

See the video directly above your post for my response.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 27, 2010, 12:25:43 AM
Quote from: MastaMarek on Feb 26, 2010, 11:50:43 PM

See the video directly above your post for my response.

Cant you just accept his opinion and stop acting like a jerk?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed