Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,678 times)

The Demon

The Demon

Is it the over all idea of an Alien planting its seed into humans? I have no idea.

A55tricky

A55tricky

i think i would have voted for the first avp, but the preds looked so stupid. not like there armor or any aesthetics of them, just the fact that they looked like people wearing pred holloween costumes. foam padded costumes. the ninja turtles move better and more like they wear real. if you watch ANYTIME move and then the preds in avp 1, you see what i mean.

oh and those ridiculously long wristblades were a real turn off too. more like wristswords.

The Demon

The Demon

I swear I used that same phrase before.

A55tricky

A55tricky

yeah. i've said it a few time too. when i saw them in the theater i wanted throw my hands up and yell "DONE!!!" like peter griffin. and they looked like they were made out of aluminum.

Puma#20

Puma#20

i voted for avp but  i love wolf

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Puma#20 on Jan 02, 2010, 09:41:07 AM
i voted for avp but  i love wolf
High five, @Puma! ;D

Yautjafemme

Yautjafemme

Wolf's design, in my opinion, is more interesting than Scar's. The extra additions on the mandibles certainly suggests that there's more variety to them as a species. I have yet to see AvP:R (waiting for the other half to have a day when he doesn't work, grr), but from what clips and trailers I've seen, it looks more, eh, edgier than AvP. AvP I watched without batting an eyelid, much like Predator 1 & 2. Hopefully the second installment will actually scare me.

Wristswords? Wristblades. Both look good to me  :P *makes grabby hands*

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

AvPR isn't edgy - it's intellectually disparaging and tries far too hard.

Puma#20

Puma#20

Quote from: Yautjafemme on Jan 02, 2010, 01:40:28 PM
Wolf's design, in my opinion, is more interesting than Scar's. The extra additions on the mandibles certainly suggests that there's more variety to them as a species. I have yet to see AvP:R (waiting for the other half to have a day when he doesn't work, grr), but from what clips and trailers I've seen, it looks more, eh, edgier than AvP. AvP I watched without batting an eyelid, much like Predator 1 & 2. Hopefully the second installment will actually scare me.

i agree i also like how thay made wolf differ from the others with the mandables and what not

Yautjafemme

Yautjafemme

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jan 02, 2010, 01:45:01 PM
AvPR isn't edgy - it's intellectually disparaging and tries far too hard.

Mm, I'll probably still watch the film anyway. Might as well be able to say I've seen it, plus I'm interested in seeing the Predalien.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

By all means watch it. And if you enjoy it, more power to you.

But don't go in with high expectations. Don't even expect to truly see the Predalien. You'll understand what that means when you watch the movie.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Yautjafemme on Jan 02, 2010, 01:40:28 PM

Do I correctly understand that you never watched AvP:R? Lucky you. Dissapointment it's not good word. But tastes are different, you might like this one.
Wolf's design is good, very close to Winston's ideas. Problem is with all action. History is just stupid.
But - as you can see the poll, AvP:R is still winning. There are persons who like it much more than AvP. I wish you - enjoy this movie.
IMO the best part it's trailer. ;)

The Demon

The Demon

The movie is certainly stuffed with Predator action. And if that's what you're interested in I don't think you'll be disappointed.

EarthHive

EarthHive

AVP.

Why...bascially just because of the final Predator vs Queen scene (is it true that that Queen was Cameron's vision for Aliens...I remember Paul WS Anderson saying something to that effect...but I can't believe what he says).  That scene was awesome!  That and I couldn't see 90% of AVP:R.

SM

SM

Quoteis it true that that Queen was Cameron's vision for Aliens...

Meaning?  That he designed it? Pretty much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed