AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,551 times)

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: drake@ on Jul 03, 2009, 05:34:06 PM
Quote from: The Demon on Jun 29, 2009, 03:59:07 PM
If AvPr had the directing of AvP, it would be so much better.
yeah OK then there would be more predators befriending humans! Lol!

I think that would be up to the writers, not the directors "LOL!"

drake@

drake@

Quote from: The Demon on Jul 04, 2009, 10:25:45 PM

its still stupid how they made the predator do that!

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quotejust pointing out in avp the predator
I didn't see any Predators in AvP.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Try opening your eyes. They were there alright. Sure, they were overgrown monstrosities with one at least having a thing for human females, but they were Predators.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteSure, they were overgrown monstrosities with one at least having a thing for human females
And therefore, they werent Predators but cheap knock offs. They didn't sounded the same, they didn't act the same, they didn't looked the same, they didn't even saw in the right spectrum, i could go on and on. Everything was wrong.

f**k AvP.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 05, 2009, 05:09:41 PM
Try opening your eyes. They were there alright. Sure, they were overgrown monstrosities with one at least having a thing for human females, but they were Predators.

He didn't have a thing for human females as you put, he only teamed up with her against the Aliens. Which is excatly what happened in the original AVP comic.

midget

midget

Story was cool - movie just needed to be 90x more gorey. Then I would of loved it. But it was 'meh'.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: MIDGET on Jul 05, 2009, 06:02:23 PM
Story was cool - movie just needed to be 90x more gorey. Then I would of loved it. But it was 'meh'.

Yeah, the chestburster with no blood was like a big slap to the face.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

There should have been more fight scene's gill getting killed straight off was a major waste of potential.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

THe whole movie suffers from lost potential.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Jul 05, 2009, 06:00:24 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 05, 2009, 05:09:41 PM

He didn't have a thing for human females as you put, he only teamed up with her against the Aliens. Which is excatly what happened in the original AVP comic.

Jesus Christ, I'm wondering how many people actually read the original AvP comic...

Listen. to. me. THE CIRCUMSTANCES WERE DIFFERENT. In the comic, Broken Tusk teamed up with Machicko because she saved his life. In his eyes, that made her an honourable person. So he teamed with her because he was returning the favour. As she saved his life, he would do the same.

Not the case with AvP.

In AvP it was quite literally "Hm, a dead Alien...maybe I can use her. Sure, she's slower, smaller, and probably extremely weak, but hey, I'll give her some makeshift weapons and see where this goes." Not the same story as the comic. It would've made more sense for Scar to let her go off somewhere, then have circumstances, namely the Queen, dictate that they combine forces to fight her off.

HitmanR

HitmanR

AvP

+ Original, interesting setting, similiar to the planetoid in "Alien"
+ Good acting, pretty main actress
+ Great designed aliens, I love their smooth heads and hissing
+ Marvelous visual effects, unrecognizable CGI

- Fat looking predators (I know... 'cause of their armor)
- Slo-Mo
- Ian was just learning
- No mystery (god I hate the scene about the history, how Preds came here and sh*t, spoiled the mystery)

AvP: R

+ Great looking Wolf, his mask was perfect
+ Ian did a great job, I'm sure his middle name is Predator
+ ehm...

- Bad acting, terrible...
- Well, unmasked Wolf looked a little bit silly, no more Winstons' predator (RIP)
- CGI made cloaked preds and aliens, terrible... where is Giger?!?
- Aliens looked and acted terrible
- Main problem: mixing the alien - pred fights with the character development, well and that's the problem.
Everybody is interested more in the fights between the creatures, rather than watching a pizzaboy arguing with his brother. There should be less of these fights, and to be saved something for the end.
"Kickass ending"

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: HitmanR on Jul 06, 2009, 10:46:52 PM
AvP
+ Good acting, pretty main actress

The acting was barely any more acceptable than AvP:R's. The only difference was that at least we knew each character's name.

Quote from: HitmanR on Jul 06, 2009, 10:46:52 PM+ Marvelous visual effects, unrecognizable CGI

How could anyone mistake the Aliens running to the Queen in the chamber as anything other than CGI?? It was practically painted on their bodies. As well as the Queen running after Lex in the snow.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: drake@ on Jul 04, 2009, 10:57:01 PM
Quote from: The Demon on Jul 04, 2009, 10:25:45 PM

its still stupid how they made the predator do that!

Great. So do a lot of people.

RavagerDX

RavagerDX

I hated AVP because it messes with the story/characters from the Alien and Predator movies. But if it would be a standalone movie (like if the original Alien and Predator movies didn't excist) I wouldn't hate it. It would've been an enjoyable movie with nice action scenes.

AVPR on the other hand, didn't just mess with the original movies. It also tried to hard with references to those movies. They said they would return to the roots but instead stole scenes from the original movies (camera pans over the forest to the town, Pred 2 anyone?). Massive plotholes, lame boring cliche actors, WAY too dark!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed