Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,571 times)

Russ

Russ

Just googled it:

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2013/04/joss-whedon-reflects-on-the-mistakes-of-alien-resurrection

QuoteIt turns out that Whedon even likes "Alien vs.. Predator" better than "Alien: Resurrection." "I actually like the first Alien vs. Predator," he admitted. "I'm a Paul W. S. Anderson fan."

He has taste!

SM

SM

He's a hack.

Russ

Russ

I'm sure he's gutted you think so.  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Russ on Feb 08, 2014, 09:54:29 AM
Just googled it:

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2013/04/joss-whedon-reflects-on-the-mistakes-of-alien-resurrection

QuoteIt turns out that Whedon even likes "Alien vs.. Predator" better than "Alien: Resurrection." "I actually like the first Alien vs. Predator," he admitted. "I'm a Paul W. S. Anderson fan."

He has taste!

Thankfully he doesn't draw inspiration from Anderson.

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: SM on Feb 08, 2014, 10:29:09 AM
He's a hack.
I have to disagree. Even before Avenger, he was pretty good. Toy Story was his work. So was Atlantis.
Obviously, both directors did not like what came after their works. That's why they said they liked first one.(I am curious what they would say about the second one.)

SM

SM

There were six writers on Toy Story.

Avengers is brilliant fun film, but it's very colour by numbers in terms of plot.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The genius in it though is not the actual story. It's that all characters worked well together and with the exception of Hawkeye, were given good screentime.

SM

SM

They had 50 years worth of stories to draw on.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That doesn't necessarily mean that it would have worked well on-screen. The writing still had to be good.

SM

SM

Not really, since the writing is pretty straightforward.  What made Avengers was the setup with the films that came before and the performances - especially RDJ.  A lot of the dialogue saw every character speaking with essentially the same voice.  However again the performances elevate it, and the whole thing hangs together really well.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Fair point. I'm glad they kept it all together for 2.5 hours. My only wish is that Hawkeye had received some real character development.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Since AVP and AVP:R are both awful it isn't a big difference to me, I guess AVP is slightly better? eh.

locdasmoke

locdasmoke

AVP-R! Loved Wolf, loved the Pred-Alien, loved the action, gore, sound FX and fan service! Could've been without the teen drama, but it didn't ruin it for me... AVP was good too, loved the visuals, it was cool having Lance Henriksen in it and the creatures looked amazing. Preds were a bit bulky, but I still liked them, my main complaint is that they died too quick.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: locdasmoke on Aug 05, 2014, 03:17:45 AM
AVP-R! Loved Wolf, loved the Pred-Alien, loved the action, gore, sound FX and fan service! Could've been without the teen drama, but it didn't ruin it for me... AVP was good too, loved the visuals, it was cool having Lance Henriksen in it and the creatures looked amazing. Preds were a bit bulky, but I still liked them, my main complaint is that they died too quick.

Well there's something you don't hear everyday! Was it the quick Pred deaths in AvP that make you prefer AvP:R?

locdasmoke

locdasmoke

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 11, 2014, 11:41:42 AM
Quote from: locdasmoke on Aug 05, 2014, 03:17:45 AM

Well there's something you don't hear everyday! Was it the quick Pred deaths in AvP that make you prefer AvP:R?
Yeah, I didn't like that the first AVP was so bias towards the Alien and also I just personally enjoy AVPR more... IMO it has a cooler Predator, better design on the Alien, better sound effects and seeing the mayhem as the Aliens infest the town is awesome (I think). I do enjoy the unrated cut of AVP also and I think that the story line was probably a bit better thought out in the first one and the visuals were also better, but the second one just delivers the package better, that's just my opinion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed