Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by SiL - Today at 11:15:22 PM
I always liked the idea the ship was grown.

Just ... not like that.
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 11:13:20 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Today at 11:10:40 PMBut having the Aliens be responsible for building them...

Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 11:12:34 PM
Yisus! :o🙏 Beyond how bad it is, the idea is beyond bizarre....It may sound sacrilege but it almost reminds me of Dan O'Bannon's concept of the Alien as an organism that continued to change until it became a sapien being responsible for a civilization that lost the ability to reproduce sexually. But not! This is much more controversial and sick in a not good way ???

The Alien wanted to become the elephant man :o ...and in a way the Kenerisation of the Tyranids!

The idea is crazy enough that one wants to see it in the of a 'what if' comic form lol ;D Kener stuff is a small thing now, and that includes David as the creator of the Alien😅👉👈
Last post by skhellter - Today at 11:10:40 PM
!!! Madness.

i appreciate that the ships would be revealed to be organically "grown/built".. very BIO-mechanical.

But having the Aliens be responsible for building them... that's...
Would it just be the hull itself that the aliens build? And then the engineers would be revealed to use emptied xeno structures to then modify extensively and build their own ships out of? (inserting engines and the pilot chamber, cryopods etc..) (that would be a bit less. crazy?)

...so would another reveal be that the Engineers were sacrificing their own people to the Aliens so the Aliens could build these structures to have more material for their own ships?
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by SM - Today at 11:02:43 PM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 10:48:37 PM"I can only get behind his redemption if I don't know what he did wrong in the first place" and "I like the nihilistic tone and oppressive atmosphere" just don't gel.

It's not that it's controversial. It just demonstrates a lack of emotional maturity by trying to make uncomfortable things more palatable.

Quote from: SM on Today at 10:44:09 PMApparently 'Show us a little leadership' means 'We're completely fine painting the walls with highly flammable goop in the dark', and Dillon should immediately defer to Ripley for everything because who needs drama and conflict eh?
Yeah I never had a problem with that line. He says show us leadership, not "we're your slaves".

The actual problem with that sequence is the repetition.  One version of the script had Aaron explain about the nuclear waste dump, while Dillon was present and it's a bit tighter.
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 11:01:32 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that being 4k alone won't entice me into seeing this hatchet job.
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 10:57:02 PM
I guess I can put up with a few dance numbers if I can get my elephant man.
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 10:54:12 PM
@Local Trouble

Even Neill Blomkamp wanted to take Elephant Man from you. Noah Hawley's your only hope now. It's fated to be this way.
Alien Films / Re: Alien returning to theater...
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 10:50:36 PM
Glad to hear it did well! The re-issue have never been busy for me that I can remember.
Last post by SiL - Today at 10:48:37 PM
"I can only get behind his redemption if I don't know what he did wrong in the first place" and "I like the nihilistic tone and oppressive atmosphere" just don't gel.

It's not that it's controversial. It just demonstrates a lack of emotional maturity by trying to make uncomfortable things more palatable.

Quote from: SM on Today at 10:44:09 PMApparently 'Show us a little leadership' means 'We're completely fine painting the walls with highly flammable goop in the dark', and Dillon should immediately defer to Ripley for everything because who needs drama and conflict eh?
Yeah I never had a problem with that line. He says show us leadership, not "we're your slaves".
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed