New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 120,890 times)

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 04, 2020, 07:02:41 AM
We talked about this on our next podcast. The Comanche actually existed until around the 19th century, and their entire culture was actually driven by the trade of horses, so I don't think it's unreasonable that by pre-Colonisation, it might mean prior to the Comanche actually being f**ked over which could extend into the 19th century.

Wait, you misread my comment. I'm not saying that the Comanche tribe didn't exist in that time. Its the fact that horses were not a thing during pre-colonialization times. Horses would not roam the North American lands, until the 16th century,  as Spanish explorer Hernán Cortez brought horses on his own expedition from Europe in 1519, reintroducing them to mainland America starting with Mexico. Which would be colonial times, which the movie does not take place in.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Wait do we know this is movie will be pre-colonial?

[cancerblack]

It's heavily implied but not confirmed, I think.

BigDaddyJohn

It will be so much more difficult to pull off though, I don't know where this will be going.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: overthere on Dec 03, 2020, 10:40:28 PM
I like the opportunity to portray Predator as "demon who makes trophies of men" in the pre-scientific history. When King Willie talks about Predator as a ghost or other-wordly creature, it adds a cool, mystical element to him. I would be happy if the natives never realize the alien aspect and just put him in the spiritual/demon prism.

I totally agree. When Predator is viewed within a mythical lens is when it works best. The Thomas Brothers did call the Predator a modern day Minotaur!

Jigsaw85

And that's why I hate all that Yatja, blooded, bad blood, elder, or whatever bullshit that was printed on the back of a predator toy box. The predator is a movie monster like Jason Voorhees. A tale whispered around the campfire, not a Klingon. This movie could be the first movie to get it right since Predator: Dark Ages.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Dec 05, 2020, 08:24:53 PM
And that's why I hate all that Yatja, blooded, bad blood, elder, or whatever bullshit that was printed on the back of a predator toy box. The predator is a movie monster like Jason Voorhees. A tale whispered around the campfire, not a Klingon. This movie could be the first movie to get it right since Predator: Dark Ages.

I would say since... P2 is more likely  :P

Jigsaw85

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 05, 2020, 09:01:37 PM

I would say since... P2 is more likely  :P

Just showing some love for the relatively unknown fan film. It's the best Predator film since Predator 2.

Gr33n M4n

Dark Ages was a good fan film.

BigDaddyJohn

Joking aside I agree, it was cool, props to the people who made it.

AVP-CAPCOM

When even James Bond latest AAA title is heading to home streaming (despite first round of talks stalling) I can't say I am surprised.

Nightmare Asylum

That's more indicative of the fact that there's an ongoing global pandemic and less about quality or audience interest.

Voodoo Magic

You're going to love our next podcast.  :)

SuperiorIronman

Predator can be a story around a campfire but making it into Jason losses its nuance as well as ignores that it's a sports hunter first and that everything it does is built around that.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 06, 2020, 01:39:01 PM
Predator can be a story around a campfire but making it into Jason losses its nuance as well as ignores that it's a sports hunter first and that everything it does is built around that.

I dunno, if you're a giraffe, that nice dentist is basically Jason. It's perspective.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed