Would you like a book entirely from the perspective of the Engineers?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 07, 2019, 08:54:23 AM

Author
Would you like a book entirely from the perspective of the Engineers? (Read 3,672 times)

Corporal Hicks

As the title says. Would you be interested in reading something like that?

Still Collating...

That would be an instant preorder from me. Hell yes.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, sure, the species is already space humanity anyway, so I don't worry so much about humanisation lol.
Perhaps it can also establish the suit design is from a long dead race that the ruins of cover the Engineer homeworld?

happypred

Might be hard to pull off but yeah, I'd read it. It might read a bit like the Halo Forerunner series but more sinister.

I also want to comic series with only predators and aliens. No humans whatsoever and no predator dialogue. Something like the F&S scene with Ahab and the four-armed aliens.

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 07, 2019, 08:54:23 AM

Why are you asking ?

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 07, 2019, 08:54:23 AM
Probably not, to be honest. I'd prefer them to remain slightly mysterious. Considering the majority of the mystery was removed when they were revealed to be 7 foot bald humans, I'd prefer not to have absolutely everything revealed.

Katanu

I would be interested, but I'm not sure I would like the result, sometimes not knowing much is better.
But I would buy that book, no doubts.

Ultramorph

Does Hicks know something we don't know?  ;D

I'd love anything more from the Prometheus side of things.

Russ840

I'd definitely be interested. 

Hiiiiiiiiicks? Are you in on something ?

Xiggz456

I would certainly be interested but also a bit leery of them being further demystified. But if it were to happen I'd absolutely read it.

windebieste

I'd love to see a story about what happened 2,000 years ago, depicting events both on Earth and on LV-223.

-Windebieste.

SM

Not before Ridley finishes what he's up to (or a third David flick is definitively cancelled).

Huggs

I'd give it a shot, as long as it gave us some answers to the events before and immediately after both Prometheus and Covenant.

SiL

I'd read that book, but not because of that hook. It would need something more interesting than "What if we told a story about slightly odd looking people with funky technology."

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Oh definitely. I would love a book to learn more about them. Ancient epic poetry can serve as a guide. I mean examples of heroic literature such as Homer's Odyssey or Mesopotamian Epic of Gilgamesh. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein as well. It would be interesting to learn:

- What happened in LV-223 two millennia ago?

- Space exploration. Engineers exploring other worlds, or even visiting Earth in prehistoric times.

- Some detail about their civilization: technology, culture, political-social organization, science, religion (if there is any), their motivations, etc. It is not necessary to be very detailed. But you can address different topics in a subtle way.

I believe what we call Space Jockey can be its own culture, or even its own civilization, among the Engineer race (along the lines of Arcturians  ;D but with more steroids  8)). With that in mind, maybe this faction is the result of a Biomechanical Transhumanism, in totally contrast to the other more Hellenic or monk-looking Engineers. They are more militaristic, and they are not afraid to experiment in their bodies with biomechanical technology. Perhaps it's like the Melange / Spice from Dune! and they are addicted to it!  :laugh:

It might sound very shitty, but maybe even something like Star Trek Borg but with the Giger treatment  ;D below a video about transhumanism. 

The technology could have physiological / psychological side effects on the Engineers. They are becoming the Space Jockeys. They perceive reality in another way (whether if it is hallucination or another dimension). They see nightmarish shapes, and patterns. They try to make their art and ornaments accordingly to these altered states of consciousness. They are shamans of war and destruction. They dress like their otherworldly visions. They want to be like what their perceive or interpret as their masters. That being said...

Elders: An eco friendly culture. The wise men. They love nature, arts, science, philosophy, astronomy, etc.

Space Jockeys: A tribe of war. Their art is sadistic and macabre. They have lost connection with nature and have become increasingly dependent on their technology.

But in general, I like to interpret Engineers, as a whole, like a naturalistic versions of the concept of God according to Pandeism: the creator deity became the universe and ceased to exist as a separate and conscious entity. In the case of the Engineers, they become the life of a planet and ceased to exist as a separate and conscious entity. In an epic and ancient ritual, there is life after death. Sacrifice is a key part of their original culture.

Even so it would be nice to discover that the Engineers found some kind of abstract entity, which marked a before and after in their race  ;D like the shapeshifting fractal-like creature from Annihilation.

#eldritchabomination #cosmichorror  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed