Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 99,879 times)

SpaceMarines

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 14, 2014, 05:47:29 PM
I dunno about anyone else, but I always wondered why the Nostromo had the Purina logo plastered on all of the doors.

I believe it's a sign meaning "caution: automatic doors" or somesuch.

MrSpaceJockey

I'm pretty sure he was joking, in response to a discussion about who made the Nostromo (that because of those red and white logos it would seem that Purina is the actual owner of the Nostromo  :laugh:).

But yeah you're right, the it's in actuality part of Ron Cobb's elaborate semiotic standard.  It means "hazard" or "warning".  So far Alien: Isolation is making great use many of these logos, not just the infamous grid one. Which is great!

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 14, 2014, 10:01:34 PM
Images that got removed from an article from earlier:

Wow. Some of that is straight out of Ron Cobb's concept art.

The room labelled "B" in particular I just saw as I was Google imaging the Semiotic Standard.

SpaceMarines

MrSpaceJockey

Nothing like a severed thumb to signify Parker's favorite cup of joe on the ship.  ;)

SiL

I dunno about anyone else, but I always wondered why the Nostromo had the Purina logo plastered on all of the doors.
Because the crew is Alien chow. ;D

Seegson

Wow! cool post MrSpacejockey! now i have to study all thouse logos for a safer trip to sevastopol

KiramidHead

Quote from: SiL on Jan 14, 2014, 10:51:11 PM
Because the crew is Alien chow. ;D

Okay, you got me on that one. :laugh:

SiL

Naw, Cobb beat me to the punch. That's what he said about it in interviews :P

MrSpaceJockey

He's even more awesome than I previously thought.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

After the horrid debacle that was A:CM, I promised myself I wouldn't get suckered into another Alien game, but damn it all if I'm not absolutely loving what I'm seeing and hearing about Isolation. CA just might pull it off and give us the proper Alien experience we've been wanting for so many years. A game worthy of the license and something that could restore the Alien to it's former glory.

I don't understand some of the remarks about the Alien's size, though. It *finally* looks spot on. They were always suppose to be 8 feet tall, and 8 feet tall is 8 feet tall. That's pretty damn big. Aliens in previous games were always reduced to human size and it was a major disservice. That's been going on for many years and I think players have just gotten used to seeing them smaller than they're suppose to be.

Anyway, the only two peeves I have are that the growling sfx is not appropriate for the Alien, and it should look like it's covered in slime. Other than that, the model is freak'n amazing.

Xhan

QuoteJust hearing those words has raised my skepticism back up.

Well you really can't fault the design seen and the level of authenticity, and how much the lighting model complements and compliments that. It looks amazing. The interaction animations are also naturalistic and while a little abrupt, they convey well regardless. Audio is great. Then you get frankenstein aliens that barks at people, and the immersion immediately goes from "playing the movie, just like the nice marketing people promised" to "sega's third offering featuring frankestein aliens that's hopefully not as bad as the last".

Kind of a mixed bag.

thx17583

This game looks awsome, hope that is not another cm.
Hope to see a lot of xeno-giger inspired desings, giger is god

Xenomorphine

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 14, 2014, 10:01:34 PM
Images that got removed from an article from earlier:

Nice skin texturing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed