Alien Resurrection - Titan Books

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:47:02 PM

Author
Alien Resurrection - Titan Books (Read 11,309 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 01, 2015, 02:19:20 PMI thought it was good too. I honestly thought it was going to be snubbed.

Now they just need to do AVP in the same format :) And maybe even give Prometheus a release outside of Japan?

Corporal Hicks

I'd be really curious to see a Prometheus novelization. Sucks we haven't had one since AvP. Wonder if we've got any Japanese members.

Perfect-Organism

I really wish there was an adaptation of Prometheus.  Perhaps with certain plot details that vary from the film like many of the other Alien novel adaptations do..

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 01, 2015, 02:24:56 PM
I'd be really curious to see a Prometheus novelization. Sucks we haven't had one since AvP. Wonder if we've got any Japanese members.

Ha!  We posted that at the same time...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 01, 2015, 02:33:06 PMI really wish there was an adaptation of Prometheus.  Perhaps with certain plot details that vary from the film like many of the other Alien novel adaptations do..

There is. It only ever came out in Japan though.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 01, 2015, 02:35:15 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 01, 2015, 02:33:06 PMI really wish there was an adaptation of Prometheus.  Perhaps with certain plot details that vary from the film like many of the other Alien novel adaptations do..

There is. It only ever came out in Japan though.

I know about this.  I wish Titan would do some investigating to see if a manuscript exists somewhere.  A comic book adaptation would be great too...

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Is this the book that confirms the derelict was destroyed when the atmosphere processor on LV-426 went critical?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yes. Although it also says the entire moon is a radioactive wasteland, even though the novel of Aliens says an atmo processor doesn't create any fallout when it explodes.

Corporal Hicks

Received my copy last night. Read the first few chapters and as always with the film novelizations, I'm enjoying seeing the differences and getting into the head of the characters. I'm actually quite liking Ripley's portrayal, the mix of Alien.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, mine came yesterday too.

It's still probably my least favourite of the novelisations, but that's more to do with the source material than anything. Enjoying giving it another read.

No Incursion promo at the back though, like I suspected there might be.

Corporal Hicks

I'm about halfway through now. Definitely enjoying more than the film - it works better without JPJ's style but Whedeon's comedy is still too blatant. I'm enjoying a lot of the characterization and differences - as I usually do with novelizations. I love seeing the differences or added details.

It's a lot easier to read than ADF's novels though. The style isn't so abrupt but there are some dodgy moments.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm just past the halfway point too. Liking it more than I remember. Still not a massive fan of Crispin's style but it's certainly not distracting from the read.

I really wish they'd done the scene with the cocooned scientists in the film. It makes so much more sense than finding the victims the Betty delivered just lying around on the floor, like they were just left there for a day or two after they burst.

Corporal Hicks

I'm quite enjoying this actually. It can't get rid of Whedon's unsuitable dialogue but I'm enjoying what Crespin is doing with Ripley and all the callbacks. She's really using her knowledge of the series and taking advantage of the genetic memory. You are my lucky star during Ripley's escape from the Waste tank.

Also liked Gedimen having a chest-burster.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 24, 2015, 12:19:33 PMYou are my lucky star during Ripley's escape from the Waste tank.

That was a really neat touch.

Polished my copy off last night. The finale aboard the Betty felt needlessly drawn out, but I still enjoyed it.

As I said the first time I read it, I find it's the weakest of the four novelisations, but at the same time the most interesting in terms of how it expands upon the film.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think it was ever going to out-do the others simply because of the source material. But I think Crespin is much easier to read than Foster.

And to be perfectly honest, I think fans who enjoys books should read the novelizations anyway. If only see to see the differences.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's pretty much the only reason I got them. I don't normally do film novelisations - the only one I've ever read outside of Alien/Predator was The Thing, and even then that was only because I liked what ADF did with the Alien books.

But I enjoyed the Alien/Predator/AVP ones quite a bit, except possibly the first Predator one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed