Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: What made you unhappy toda...
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 02:43:44 AM
The postal service slightly decreased the sizes of their boxes, so now the one that perfectly fit Warhammer sprues doesn't quite fit them any more.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus - Fandango ...
Last post by Prez - Today at 01:24:34 AM
Instant Aliens vibes simply from the tone, colour and lighting.
Last post by SiL - Today at 01:10:55 AM
I'd like it to point to the fact that it's actually got a mind of its own at some point.

Which, from leaks, we know it does. I'd just like to see it. There was some concept art posted that was nice and new-looking, I think we got a glimpse of that location in one of the trailer variations.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: The GODZILLA thread
Last post by Cougerboy - Today at 12:48:41 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Today at 12:31:01 AMThat's worrying, considering how well GxK did.

No, actually I think that's fine. Monsterverse has gone down the silly route under Wingard. That's alright for a movie or two, but its time for another fresh take, otherwise Godzilla in the monsterverse will just end up as stupid.
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Yesterday at 10:22:12 PMWe do see the interior reflect that in Alien Covenant. 

How?
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: The GODZILLA thread
Last post by KiramidHead - Today at 12:31:01 AM
That's worrying, considering how well GxK did.
Last post by aliens13 - Today at 12:26:58 AM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 09:28:09 PMOn the one hand every shot invokes a feeling of "Hey remember this??"

On other hand they've only released half a dozen pictures and a teaser, so I'm hoping it's just the marketing team playing on nostalgia bait.
I was thinking the same. Maybe the publicity campaign wants to point more to that this film it's on Alien and Aliens line and not the prequel's
Last post by SiL - Today at 12:12:21 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Yesterday at 10:38:34 PMIDK if it's just me or the image or what but the hive looks a little... trash-baggy?
It looks like cheap plastic that's been melted and allowed to cool into odd shapes.
Last post by Feeds On Minds - Today at 12:09:05 AM
Quote from: GrimmVision on Yesterday at 11:38:48 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Yesterday at 10:38:34 PMIDK if it's just me or the image or what but the hive looks a little... trash-baggy?

I noticed that, too. Zoomed in several times to see if I was seeing it right. It's definitely smooth and plastic-y looking on the left. Hopefully it's just that it's meant to be seen from far away in a moving shot or it could maybe be enhanced/darkened in post.

That image has 'budgetted for streaming' written all over it.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed