Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: [Spoilers] More Alien: Rom...
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 12:18:16 AM
You really need to bring back your angry Bill-from-True-Blood avatar.  Your posts just aren't the same without it.
Last post by St_Eddie - Today at 12:13:42 AM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Yesterday at 11:33:49 PM
Quote from: dnicholson277 on Yesterday at 06:39:08 AMWatched Alien Covenant again last night...

So David created a bunch of Alien eggs two of the face huggers managed to perform their functions but there were more shown in that scene.

What if the "big chap" on the stretcher is actually the remains of the first Alien killed as they try and get back to the Covenant? Feels more plausible that they worked found that site and got specimens than the random floating alien in space idea.

You're going to have to accept that the premise of this movie is silly and dumb at best. It's gonna require a very turned-off brain or mental gymnastics to enjoy.

Yeah, but 'member Big Chap? Oooohhh, I 'member Big Chap! 'Member Hicks showing Ripley how to use a pulse rifle? Oooohhh yeah, I 'member that!
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Yesterday at 11:46:23 PM
Lightsaber whip. Yep, I'm out.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by St_Eddie - Yesterday at 11:45:35 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 17, 2024, 01:14:06 PMIt is when people imply that just being on this site means we all have to be drones that will go see the movie in cinema. not all fans are sheep.

This 100%.

There is a clear distinction between being a consumerist fanboy and a casual fan (with shades of grey in between).  I fall squarely into the latter category. There's not a chance in hell that I'll be going to the cinema to watch this movie, especially given that the trailer/promo shots are indicating 'member berries crap, coupled with this being a Disney production (yuk!) and there not having been a decent Alien movie since Alien 3. I'll check the movie out once there are quality HD rips on the Bay, but not until then.

Just because I check this site/forum out once or twice a week (around 10-20 minutes in total) does not dictate that I'll be rushing to watch this movie at the soonest possible opportunity.
Last post by Feeds On Minds - Yesterday at 11:33:49 PM
Quote from: dnicholson277 on Yesterday at 06:39:08 AMWatched Alien Covenant again last night...

So David created a bunch of Alien eggs two of the face huggers managed to perform their functions but there were more shown in that scene.

What if the "big chap" on the stretcher is actually the remains of the first Alien killed as they try and get back to the Covenant? Feels more plausible that they worked found that site and got specimens than the random floating alien in space idea.

You're going to have to accept that the premise of this movie is silly and dumb at best. It's gonna require a very turned-off brain or mental gymnastics to enjoy.
Alien Films / Re: Alien 3 filming location i...
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Yesterday at 11:30:10 PM
Quote from: HighwayGem on Yesterday at 11:17:56 PMHello everyone! So, I made it to the location :)

I moments ago published my post about it. Did I do a *ridiculously* deep dive into the exact spots of certain shots? Definitely! But I suspect you all might quite like it. It was a lot of fun to research and being there was just wonderful. Hope you enjoy it.

Alien 3 Filming Locations: The Real-Life Setting of Fury 161 at Blast Beach

Now, time to start cutting together the video...

Really well done and thoroughly covered! I love it! 😃👍 (and making me miss home!) 🤣
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by Local Trouble - Yesterday at 11:28:12 PM
I have never seen Thelma and Louise.
Alien Films / Re: Alien 3 filming location i...
Last post by HighwayGem - Yesterday at 11:17:56 PM
Hello everyone! So, I made it to the location :)

I moments ago published my post about it. Did I do a *ridiculously* deep dive into the exact spots of certain shots? Definitely! But I suspect you all might quite like it. It was a lot of fun to research and being there was just wonderful. Hope you enjoy it.

Alien 3 Filming Locations: The Real-Life Setting of Fury 161 at Blast Beach

Now, time to start cutting together the video...
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Yesterday at 11:14:52 PM
Just watched Thelma and Louise.

Criterion Collection, first viewing, probably the last essential thing by Ridley Scott I never caught until just now.

Brilliant stuff, what's there to say, I love Thelma's sense of fashion!
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Yesterday at 08:34:21 PMIt goes without saying that we need an art book too...

Aye. This is something I'd like to have, much higher up on my "want" list than a novelization would be.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed