Recent posts

General Game Discussion / Re: Stellar Blade
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 04:21:48 PM
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 04:16:16 PM
Carlo Bugatti throne chair.
Saw a new trailer for this last night in front of Commando. Im even more excited than i was before
I need to see this film
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Whiskeybrewer - Today at 03:34:06 PM
I may be synthetic, but i'm not stupid
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by Whiskeybrewer - Today at 03:32:54 PM
Commando
On the big screen this time. Had no idea Cineworld were gonna be showing this so had to watch it. Screening was about half full
Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 03:30:19 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Today at 12:27:40 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 17, 2024, 07:29:03 PMA friend of mine has told me she'll be starting a job in the art department for a new Predator film very soon.

Art department eh? Like concept art? Character art? Was she able to specify? Probably not I imagine, most likely under NDA. But you should ask and see just how much she could say.

Assistant Art Director.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All David Lynch
Last post by Cosmic Incubation - Today at 03:01:54 PM
Yeah I like the reveal of the killer, there's just very much a feeling of "well... now what?" after it's resolved. And the back half of season 2 feels rough and kinda directionless, even though it has it's moments.

I do think it swings things back into being really good and interesting by the finale tho. The last episode of season 2 is an all-time great piece of television. But by that time it seemed too late. The show definitely would have benefited from keeping the mystery of Laura's murder looming and propelling it along.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by cucuchu - Today at 02:54:28 PM
It's kind of hard to judge how this will factor into plot economics since we don't know the run-time of the movie but I'm all for it if adds to the world-building. It also really needs to sets the stage for what is at stake & incentivizing them to venture out to an abandoned research station in the first place which would add weight to the impact of the success or failure of the mission.

I appreciate that Fede really does not want to overexpose the film prior to release and feel that some viral marketing dealing with the JACKSON colony could of been a nice way to satiate our desire for information without showing any of the actual film. Something like an in-universe promotional video soliciting volunteers for the JACKSON colony. Maybe an interview with a colonist 20 years prior to Romulus, where there happens to be a very, very slight flicker in the sky in the corner, barely visible & no attention drawn to it, that may or may not be the Nostromo blowing up (assuming the colony has been there a while and I this takes place in the same star system as Alien). Just ideas of course, but these things cost money. But if sets are already built, why not?
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed