Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 285,627 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 22, 2014, 05:22:55 PM
I'm just looking forward to the inevitable full-page hero shot of the battle-wounded Predator triumphantly de-spining an Engineer.  ;D

Or... we could see a mutated Predator who was infected with the black liquid.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Can't wait either way.

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 22, 2014, 05:31:37 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 22, 2014, 05:22:55 PM
I'm just looking forward to the inevitable full-page hero shot of the battle-wounded Predator triumphantly de-spining an Engineer.  ;D

Or... we could see a mutated Predator who was infected with the black liquid.

Oh, I'm hoping for that, too. It would also be cool if we got an Engineer fighting in his chair suit for a bit, for Jockey aficionados.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 22, 2014, 05:49:35 PM
Oh, I'm hoping for that, too.

We may end up getting that. Something tells we may end up getting that.

Ultramorph

A Predator with blacked-over eyes, foaming at the mouth, and maybe even going full-on concept art Fifield would be spectacular.

Another plot device I hope gets explored is that of LV-223 as a Chernobyl-esque bio-hazard gone out of control. I like the idea that LV-223 was pretty well contained until the crew of the Prometheus showed up. Maybe there were even alarms they triggered that cause more Engineers to rush to the planet as this series goes on to try and out the spill back in its box.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 22, 2014, 04:50:20 PM
Found this quote (Rakai's greatest fear) : "Predators are the Engineers' domestic pets like dogs."

Lololol
What's the quote from?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 22, 2014, 06:18:20 PM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 22, 2014, 04:50:20 PM
Found this quote (Rakai's greatest fear) : "Predators are the Engineers' domestic pets like dogs."

Lololol
What's the quote from?

Prometheus Forum.  ::)

Ultramorph

I googled the quote and found it as a comment on Prometheusforum.net from 2012. It's not from Dark Horse.  :laugh:

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 22, 2014, 06:20:39 PM
I googled the quote and found it as a comment on Prometheusforum.net from 2012. It's not from Dark Horse.  :laugh:

I've seen some members here question the integrity and possibly intelligence of the people on Prometheus Forum.

Ultramorph

Speaking of things we hope we'll see in the new series, I would love if they rescue expedition in the Prometheus comic had a synthetic like David. It would be nice if he could read the Engineer hieroglyphs, and the human characters actually bother to ask him to translate some of them.  :P That would be a great way to answer some fan questions.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Indeed but that particular member just feels like Predators don't belong thematically in the Alien universe.
If they have to exist it should be in a minimal status apparently.

Ultramorph

It's a big universe. They can establish the backstory to say that Predators and Engineers haven't had much contact.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Thematically means to him that unless the Predator suddenly has some depth it will never fit.
I hear where he's coming from but I feel that if you twist the Predator's arm so to speak it could work.

SM

SM

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 22, 2014, 06:24:46 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 22, 2014, 06:20:39 PM

I've seen some members here question the integrity and possibly intelligence of the people on Prometheus Forum.

Not integrity and intelligence so much as levels of ignorance.

And some integirty and intelligence too.

Ultramorph

Big news from CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51695

QuoteRoberson will team with artist Patrick Reynolds for "Aliens" as part of a relaunched line of comics, alongside Joshua Williamson's "Predators," Paul Tobin's "Prometheus" and Chris Sebella's "AVP" -- as well as one more mystery title -- and creative team -- yet to be announced.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed