So, whats the connection between the Engineers and the aliens in this game?

Started by bobby brown, Apr 29, 2021, 09:47:41 AM

Author
So, whats the connection between the Engineers and the aliens in this game? (Read 14,261 times)

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 07, 2021, 08:50:15 PM
As for Aliens that can talk, someone's not read the new books, it's already happening guys!

And even crazier people enjoy it!

Yeah but it didn't follow the rest of my example now did it? If anything, an Alien that can lure you in with the voice of a familiar person to your death makes it more lethal and scarier as now you don't know if its your wounded friend or an Alien waiting in ambush down at the corridor. Its still in line with the core ideals.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 07, 2021, 08:52:29 PM
Quote from: judge death on May 07, 2021, 08:38:10 PM
could be but knowing disney how they decanonise in star wars and other series they own, its not impossible, time will tell.

On the contrary, they've started actually plucking certain characters, events, locations, etc. from decanonized sources and started reintroducing versions of them into the canon.

Oh yeah!  :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Mr.Turok on May 07, 2021, 08:57:12 PM
As for Aliens that can talk, someone's not read the new books, it's already happening guys!

Yeah but it didn't follow the rest of my example now did it? If anything, an Alien that can lure you in with the voice of a familiar person to your death makes it more lethal and scarier as now you don't know if its your wounded friend or an Alien waiting in ambush down at the corridor. Its still in line with the core ideals.

Huge spoilers:
Spoiler
It's actually a sentient non-binary trans disabled Alien that can speak via a speaker mechanism implanted in the side of it's head, and they also have their own space ship, no I am not f**king with you in the slightest.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Talking Aliens are canon now, and Dan o'bannon had that idea 43 years ago  :laugh:

judge death

Well it all depends on how its done really with making a xenomorph to say words/talk, its not groundbreaking change.

Well many sources seem to indicate they are either ignoring their trilogy or going to retcon it with their shows and focus on mandalorian, the writer behind mandalorian is now in charge of star wars and so far seem to bring it back to the expanded universe that disney made uncanon, and most older star wars fans I know hold the expanded universe higher xD
like this video indicate:

and well they made all expanded universe uncanon or changed it, mara jade and luke and her children and hans solos kid is so much different from what we got in the new trilogy and dont get me started on how it break the lore of sheilds with hyperspace jumping, lol why even bother attacking a imperial star destroyers shield generators: have a couple of missile hyperjump into it: boom xD

echshartsladder who is the guy in star wars ships, shows here what would happen if disney followed how shields work:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 07, 2021, 08:47:40 PM
And yet, I thought we hazed you on the regular for that, obviously not enough then! 😠

:laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: judge death on May 07, 2021, 09:10:27 PM
the writer behind mandalorian is now in charge of star wars

No he isn't.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Well it all depends on how its done really with making a xenomorph to say words/talk, its not groundbreaking change.

Some laughed and others freaked out. But Annihilation did more or less that.  :laugh:

Well many sources seem to indicate they are either ignoring their trilogy or going to retcon it with their shows and focus on mandalorian, the writer behind mandalorian is now in charge of star wars and so far seem to bring it back to the expanded universe that disney made uncanon, and most older star wars fans I know hold the expanded universe higher xD
like this video indicate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bts5UVY8rSA

and well they made all expanded universe uncanon or changed it, mara jade and luke and her children and hans solos kid is so much different from what we got in the new trilogy and dont get me started on how it break the lore of sheilds with hyperspace jumping, lol why even bother attacking a imperial star destroyers shield generators: have a couple of missile hyperjump into it: boom xD

echshartsladder who is the guy in star wars ships, shows here what would happen if disney followed how shields work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1TFYzYects

What sources?  :laugh: The Mandalorian brought back a creature from a non-canonical spin-off of the '80s, among ohter things...

https://twitter.com/io9/status/1167154480040828929

So far the Mandalorian has not ignored anything, rather the opposite! that's bringing back the expanded universe.

Hell! the only retcon was Lucas's idea that Jango and Boba Fett weren't Mandalorians.  :laugh:

judge death

Mandalorian as I said 2 pages ago is ina  way retconing the trilogy and bringing back the expanded lore to please the hardcore fans and nerds who made star wars big, it wasnt ever for the causual person from the start :P When disney noticed last jedi and rise of skywalker and its flaws they made much fanservice with mandalorian and hence a lot of those way more bigger star wars fans than me and the biggest sith roleplaying group on star wars the old republic mmo love mandalorian but despise the new trilogy and how it got siths wrong etc xD

[cancerblack]

Quote from: judge death on May 07, 2021, 08:28:11 PM
MAkes me curious as rumors make it sound like disney will rebot the series and retcon and as Ridleys series was never finished: what the reaction would be if disney recton away prometheus and covenant and make weyland yutanis background different and xenomorphs existing very differently like hmm they spread through the galaxy by eggs and spores on astroids, like how the insects in starship troopers colonise other planets, and blomkamps idea of you can reprogram xenos and radio control them, being the reason wy desperately want them :P Just an idea for thoughts and disney claiming its the canon now :P

Except for the radio control stuff, I'd give exactly zero f**ks about any of that, just like I gave the same number of f**ks when Prommy etc changed things to begin with. This is not the "gotcha" you think it is.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 07, 2021, 09:04:08 PM

Huge spoilers:
Spoiler
It's actually a sentient non-binary trans disabled Alien that can speak via a speaker mechanism implanted in the side of it's head, and they also have their own space ship, no I am not f**king with you in the slightest.
[close]

Spoiler
Wait, huh? Feels like I need more context to this. How did it get its own space ship? Does this mean Aliens were always sapient (sentient and sapient are two different areas of intelligence as A sentient being has consciousness, the capacity for sensation, and a subjective experience. Sapience, on the other hand, is marked by a higher level of cognition and intelligence.) But also, the most contradicarty, non-binary trans? I am pretty sure that Non-binary is a gender identity that isn't male or female unless xenos go with a gender that doesn't exist in our spectrum? Yeah I need a lot more context to this cuz what a whip lash. What book was this again?
[close]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mr.Turok on May 08, 2021, 12:15:55 AM
Quote from: Trash Queen on May 07, 2021, 09:04:08 PM

Huge spoilers:
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Wait, huh? Feels like I need more context to this. How did it get its own space ship? Does this mean Aliens were always sapient (sentient and sapient are two different areas of intelligence as A sentient being has consciousness, the capacity for sensation, and a subjective experience. Sapience, on the other hand, is marked by a higher level of cognition and intelligence.) But also, the most contradicarty, non-binary trans? I am pretty sure that Non-binary is a gender identity that isn't male or female unless xenos go with a gender that doesn't exist in our spectrum? Yeah I need a lot more context to this cuz what a whip lash. What book was this again?
[close]

Spoiler
Into Charybdis. The Alien described is also originally a person so it's less left-field than you're being lead to believe.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

The
Spoiler
gender theme
[close]
doesn't surprise me considering the author who wrote the book.  :laugh:

Edit ~ But it makes me want to read it wildly!  :o :-X

judge death

have it in my: have to get list :P

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: judge death on May 07, 2021, 09:47:41 PM
Mandalorian as I said 2 pages ago is ina  way retconing the trilogy and bringing back the expanded lore to please the hardcore fans and nerds who made star wars big, it wasnt ever for the causual person from the start :P When disney noticed last jedi and rise of skywalker and its flaws they made much fanservice with mandalorian and hence a lot of those way more bigger star wars fans than me and the biggest sith roleplaying group on star wars the old republic mmo love mandalorian but despise the new trilogy and how it got siths wrong etc xD

Well, I like more what the Kotor games tell us about the sith ways than what The Rise of Skywalker brought us. :laugh:

As for the connection between the Engineers & Aliens, I was expecting the literary material to back up what the game featured just for the sake of fun. But there is already a prequel book, which apparently sucks.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed