Dune Remake

Started by Gates, Oct 17, 2007, 12:50:34 AM

Author
Dune Remake (Read 160,612 times)

MudButt

MudButt

Dune would be great to see in a theater so I wouldn't mind a delay for that.

But...

I NEED to see Godzilla vs Kong this year.. release it on HBO Max.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I thoroughly believe we need to wait for Dune in theatres.  Keep building the intrigue.  It will be the most advertised and anticipated movie in a long time.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I wonder what their original plan was for the second part. Shooting in 2021?

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 23, 2020, 07:04:25 AM
God Emperor would only work as a film with some major adjustments, something fans would likely cry foul at.

Been so long but isn't he driving around in some sort of chariot throne, fighting entire armies and deflecting laser beams with his body?  :laugh:

Gonna be a tough one for practical effects.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: kwisatz on Dec 23, 2020, 04:40:49 PM
I wonder what their original plan was for the second part. Shooting in 2021?

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 23, 2020, 07:04:25 AM
God Emperor would only work as a film with some major adjustments, something fans would likely cry foul at.

Been so long but isn't he driving around in some sort of chariot throne, fighting entire armies and deflecting laser beams with his body?  :laugh:

Gonna be a tough one for practical effects.

The book is mainly the God Emperor pontificating about his philosophy, while the other two lead characters whine a lot.

irn

irn

I'd be happy if they delayed Dune by another year if it was the only way to see it in IMAX.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I'd wait another 5 years if that's what it takes to get a proper second part.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 23, 2020, 06:08:02 PM

The book is mainly the God Emperor pontificating about his philosophy, while the other two lead characters whine a lot.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

I can't imagine watching this in other format than the cinema for my first viewing... this story is meant to be presented on the big screen.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Big screen for the win!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

im in awe. im going to eat god.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 24, 2020, 04:50:23 AM
im in awe. im going to eat god.

Tell us how he tastes like, ok ?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Kradan

Kradan

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 24, 2020, 12:47:35 PM
Dune in theatres only!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR0jCboxHFkq9jOdmF7V_gFAPZA_pB6lFKDavq_v6ZyYVMEZTUXJ8moPfzk&v=lFZ3TGf9cOc&feature=youtu.be

Maybe!
Nice!

I love going to the theatre but I'm not going to do it again until it's safe - I like seeing movies on the big screen, but not enough to endanger my health or the safety of my family. :P

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: THRFilmmaker Denis Villeneuve has written passionately about his desire for an exclusive theatrical release and Legendary is backing him in that demand, according to a knowledgeable source. That film is set for an October release, meaning that theaters may once again be operating as millions are vaccinated.

According to a source, conversations regarding various theatrical windowing approaches are ongoing and it remains unclear which option will be acceptable to Villeneuve. Another potential issue: It appears Warners may have been using Dune images to promote its streaming service without approval.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1347650337604317184

markweatherill

markweatherill

I just saw the trailer. I started getting interested at the point the version of Pink Floyd's 'Eclipse' started.
An old trick: use something familiar (and, they hope, much loved by the target audience) alongside the new concept, thing or movie.
Then the audience will, they hope, transfer their love of the musical hook into enthusiasm for the movie.
Well, it kept me watching to the end, but no matter how epic the visuals got, I wasn't enthused much.

Oh and did I hear the word 'Crusade' early on in the trailer? Oh the irony.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed