Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh

Started by The Runner, Apr 06, 2019, 07:47:42 PM

Author
Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh (Read 44,495 times)

thexenomorphfanboy

get to the chopper

we need guns

the whole pool scene

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: thexenomorphfanboy on Mar 08, 2020, 04:19:51 AM
get to the chopper

Any re-used dialogue in sequels/prequels gives me a nervous twitch. I hate it.

Quotethe whole pool scene

I know it's bad, but I liked the whole "are you looking at me or the clock" thing.

Voodoo Magic

I like it too, and felt it was executed rather well.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

You've got all the references I had except the "creepy Chef scene".at 17.06.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 17, 2019, 11:04:21 PM"What is this, the Titanic? Screw the 'women and children first' shit!.

Not the only James Cameron reference to break the fourth wall.

The character Dallas, steps off a bus that came from "Crested Butte" Colorado. James Cameron spends his vacation, holiday home there and protested deforestation in real-life. This supposedly inspired him to make AVATAR with an environmentally focused theme.

JokersWarPig

I always thought it was funny when the girlfriend got nailed to the wall by the shuriken

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Mar 11, 2020, 01:05:49 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 17, 2019, 11:04:21 PM"What is this, the Titanic? Screw the 'women and children first' shit!.

How does that break the fourth wall? Also there was a real Titanic ship with real women and children going first, but still?

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 11, 2020, 02:27:12 PM

How does that break the fourth wall? Also there was a real Titanic ship with real women and children going first, but still?

I know but in the context of watching a movie based on ALIENS (1986), which was directed by James Cameron who later directed Titanic (1997) the sub-concious association is there.

I think you'll find the reference was to the movie rather than the disaster itself.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Mar 11, 2020, 02:50:40 PM

I know but in the context of watching a movie based on ALIENS (1986), which was directed by James Cameron who later directed Titanic (1997) the sub-concious association is there.

I think you'll find the reference was to the movie rather than the disaster itself.

I still don't think that's quite breaking the fourth wall. Plenty of other characters in movies mention other films.

SM

SM

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Mar 11, 2020, 02:50:40 PM

How would we find that?  It's the most famous shipwreck in the history of ever.

"What is this, the Titanic? Screw the 'women and children first' shit!.  I'm not sinking to the bottom of an ABYSS on JUDGEMENT DAY!"

"TRUE LIES dat!"

Huggs

Also there was a real Titanic ship with real women and children going first, but still?

I never once thought that line was in reference to Cameron. Although, there were actually people living on this planet who thought Titanic was just a movie after Cameron's film came out.

426Buddy

History classes ruined the ending of the film for me.

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 11, 2020, 11:40:13 PM

It did teach us one thing. Old rich ladies will not hesitate to toss away priceless artifacts who's auctioning could feed tens of thousands of starving children.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 11, 2020, 11:56:43 PM

It did teach us one thing. Old rich ladies will not hesitate to toss away priceless artifacts who's auctioning could feed tens of thousands of starving children.

"Oops!"

Huggs

Huggs

Jacks spirit was trapped in the jewel itself, and she just let him go for the second time.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 10, 2020, 12:19:46 AM
I like it too, and felt it was executed rather well.

Poor Ricky. He was 5 seconds away from grabbing them cheeks and "SHOW ME..SAND THE FLOOR!"

SM

I think you'll find this is what it's referencing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed