Aliens vs. Predator: Prey novel

Started by arnold23, Sep 02, 2007, 08:21:57 PM

Author
Aliens vs. Predator: Prey novel (Read 3,195 times)

arnold23

arnold23

I loved this novel and have to say it is the best novel/comic in the AvP universe.  The story is perfect with a well developed colony, predator, and aliens that all fit into the story very well, and not overdone.  Especially the fight between the Predator and the Queen.
Completley Badassin'!

I personly think it is the best out of the three origianls. (Prey, Hunters Planet, War)

Whats your take on this novel.

SM

SM

it was okay.

I seem to recall the Queen got killed by having her head chopped off by a pressure door?  Is this correct?  Really lame, if that was the case.

arnold23

arnold23

True...but overall it was a good story.

The_Kuff

The_Kuff

This book rocks! I work in a library and naturally read a lot, not just scifi but all kinds. This book was good enough to stand alone and still be good.

The story is orginal, compelling, and the characters have depth. The book was the best in all the series. I've read all the AvP books, most of the Aliens ones, and half the Predator ones, and this was the best.

Fans should check out Hunter's Planet. It was a good book, but not as good, and it got kinda weird, but its still okay.

War, the 3rd one, took place in between the first 2, and totally sucked. It's incredibly anticlimactic to read in order.

I also recomend the Perry's Alien trilogy, as well as Aliens: DNA War, the first new one by Diane Carey. Have yet to read her second though...

SiL

SiL

Could never get into it.

SM

SM

QuoteThe story is orginal

In that it was an adaptation.

;)

arnold23

arnold23

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2007, 12:21:12 AM
QuoteThe story is orginal

In that it was an adaptation.

;)

Think s/he means just the story itself.  ;)

The Necronoir

Quote from: The_Kuff on Sep 03, 2007, 06:45:44 PM
War, the 3rd one, took place in between the first 2, and totally sucked. It's incredibly anticlimactic to read in order.
That's not entirely correct. Hunter's Planet and War are alternate versions of the same story. War was written first (in comic form) but for some reason they went with Hunter's Planet (which had elements of War but was mostly original) for the novelisation instead.

As for Prey, while I do like it I think it suffers from what most AVP stories do: it simply puts some Predators into a virtual re-hash of Aliens. Like it or loathe it, at least the AVP movie borrowed equally from both franchises.

arnold23

arnold23

Quote from: The Necronoir on Sep 05, 2007, 03:12:33 AM
Quote from: The_Kuff on Sep 03, 2007, 06:45:44 PM
That's not entirely correct. Hunter's Planet and War are alternate versions of the same story. War was written first (in comic form) but for some reason they went with Hunter's Planet (which had elements of War but was mostly original) for the novelisation instead.

As for Prey, while I do like it I think it suffers from what most AVP stories do: it simply puts some Predators into a virtual re-hash of Aliens. Like it or loathe it, at least the AVP movie borrowed equally from both franchises.

Prey was much better than AvP in my opinion.

SM

SM

AvP borrowed more from Prey than either franchise.

arnold23

arnold23

Quote from: SM on Sep 05, 2007, 04:49:59 AM
AvP borrowed more from Prey than either franchise.

In what way?

SM

SM

Predators subjugate Aliens and use them to hunt as a rite of passage.
Humans caught in the middle of fighting Predators and Aliens.
Predator teams up with lithe girl from a western minority.

The Necronoir

Japan is a western minority?

arnold23

arnold23

Besides the teamup with Machiko, thats the only material I thought was in AvP.  All the other elements are typical Aliens vs Predator material.

Still its bettter than AVP by a long shot.

SM

SM

QuoteJapan is a western minority?

Anyone who isn't white in the US is generally labelled as a minority.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed