Aliens: The Female War Question

Started by Cetanu, May 08, 2008, 09:45:03 PM

Author
Aliens: The Female War Question (Read 1,972 times)

Cetanu

Cetanu

I like this book so far (but I really need to find Concrete Jungle so I can read the predator books), but on the Queen of Queen's planet, when they say "drones the size of queens" are they serious? It is kind of stupid. A drone....the size of a queen...gah.
Also, the pink bubble things....what are they about? Like the rooves of hives? I dont know.

SM

SM

From memory of the comic - The 'Queen of Queens' had four or five guards that looked like drones but were huge.  They lived/ slept in huge pods that were connected in a radiating star formatin onto a central pod where the QoQ slept.

Cetanu

Cetanu

But why were they so big? It is like AvP extinction. I would understand if they were ravagers because ravagers were huge. But drones?

SM

SM

Cos bigger = better.

Or something.

Apparently.

Cetanu

Cetanu

And it also = nothing to do with my previous knowledge of the aliens!
Oh well, I still like Steve Perry.

§niperhawk

§niperhawk

yeah this little thing confused me. but i found the comic 3 times as confusing, so i can't complain much about the book

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

In the comic they were the queens royal guard and every other alien was normal size.

In the Female War novel every alien on the planet was oversized.  My guess being that they were just born out of bigger host.

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 15, 2008, 07:02:04 PM
In the comic they were the queens royal guard and every other alien was normal size.

In the Female War novel every alien on the planet was oversized.  My guess being that they were just born out of bigger host.

Yes. The natural life forms on that world are much larger than ours. Larger hosts = Larger Xenos.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Also, the alien home world has been mentioned to have species that act as predators to the aliens, so the royal queen and her guard would have to be more evolved and lethal to survive. As for the bubbles, they remind me of the womb thing the queen had in ressurection in its design.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed