Prometheus Box Office

Started by Spidey3121, Jun 02, 2012, 03:20:19 AM

Author
Prometheus Box Office (Read 153,238 times)

shadowedge

shadowedge

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jul 11, 2012, 01:24:52 AM
Quote from: Promethée on Jul 10, 2012, 09:39:29 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jul 10, 2012, 09:24:27 PM
Prometheus has just about made back its budget, plus another 150 million. It's a hit. End of.

Yeah, well it doesn't exactly work like that.

And how exactly does it work? ;)

I too am curious how this works. I always thought that any money that is made over the budget and marketing cost of the film is a profit.

For example if a film costs 50 million to make and 10 million to market then the film will need to make 60 mil in the theaters to break even.

Promethée

Promethée

I think you guys overestimate K.Stewart, she was just part of a successful franchise that was already huge in its book format.
Teen girls went in mass watching the dull love story with vampires not the actress.

If we follow your logic The Woman in Black should have made huge numbers because Harry Potter was in it.

The numbers you see reported at the box office isn't the money made by the studio.
and the marketing/ advertising budget isn't included, and these one must be huge.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Promethée on Jul 11, 2012, 08:02:02 AM
I think you guys overestimate K.Stewart, she was just part of a successful franchise that was already huge in its book format.
Teen girls went in mass watching the dull love story with vampires not the actress.

If we follow your logic The Woman in Black should have made huge numbers because Harry Potter was in it.

The numbers you see reported at the box office isn't the money made by the studio.
and the marketing/ advertising budget isn't included, and these one must be huge.
The Woman in Black was one of the biggest British horror movies of all time in terms of box office wasn't it???

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Who knows how much Scott Free and Brandywine participated in the funding of the movie..

Promethée

Promethée

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jul 11, 2012, 11:14:13 AM
The Woman in Black was one of the biggest British horror movies of all time in terms of box office wasn't it???

So ? it's nowhere near Harry Potter numbers despite having Daniel Radcliffe in it.
Exactly the same thing with Stewart, she is not the reason why twilight is a success, and outside that franchise she is not much.

Very few actors can draw massive viewers in theaters just because of their name.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Promethée on Jul 11, 2012, 12:01:45 PM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Jul 11, 2012, 11:14:13 AM

So ? it's nowhere near Harry Potter numbers despite having Daniel Radcliffe in it.
Exactly the same thing with Stewart, she is not the reason why twilight is a success, and outside that franchise she is not much.

Very few actors can draw massive viewers in theaters just because of their name.

What do you mean "so"? No one is suggesting that just because Daniel Radcliffe is in a movie, any movie, that's it's going to generate the same box office as Harry Potter. The point is that certain actors will pull in extra revenue due to their 'star' status. I'm really not sure why you're making it a debatable point. That's why 'stars' get big cash incentives to appear in movies. I'd suggest that in terms of box office Snow White has the bigger leading stars.

Promethée

Promethée

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jul 11, 2012, 12:15:12 PM
What do you mean "so"? No one is suggesting that just because Daniel Radcliffe is in a movie, any movie, that's it's going to generate the same box office as Harry Potter. The point is that certain actors will pull in extra revenue due to their 'star' status. I'm really not sure why you're making it a debatable point. That's why 'stars' get big cash incentives to appear in movies. I'd suggest that in terms of box office Snow White has the bigger leading stars.

You don't get the point.
Some people here make it sound like Stewart is a big asset to the movie and will drag a lot of people in, and some have used twilight numbers to support their claim.
I'm just saying they are wrong, and k.Stewart it's not one of those stars that make the crowds go and see her.

In fact we are saying the same thing, try to read more carefully please.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Promethée on Jul 11, 2012, 12:22:59 PM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Jul 11, 2012, 12:15:12 PM

You don't get the point.
Some people here make it sound like Stewart is a big asset to the movie and will drag a lot of people in, and some have used twilight numbers to support their claim.
I'm just saying they are wrong, and k.Stewart it's not one of those stars that make the crowds go and see her.

In fact we are saying the same thing, try to read more carefully please.
But that was my point... I don't believe anyone was trying to make out that Stewart has made Snow White uber succesfull... but it is a factor not to be sneered. Snow White contains 2 of the hottest stars of the moment. So might I add does Prometheus, but to a lesser extent.

Prime113

Prime113

$223,956 on Monday, and $256,539 on Tuesday.

SM

SM

QuoteBut then again Pattinson's presence didn't boost anything for Cosmopolis, so...

Might have to wait till after it's been released in the States to accurately judge.

QuoteSo ? it's nowhere near Harry Potter numbers despite having Daniel Radcliffe in it.

She has a fanbase and she's a draw.  No one has suggested any film she's in is going to do Twilight numbers same as how a Radcliffe movie won't do Potter numbers.  But they're going to make more money with them in, than someone without that fanbase.  There's a reason actors aren't all paid the same.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

People were never that interested in Kristen Stewart..,,.people go to Twilight to see Robert Pattinson.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think the main reason why Snow White is doing well because it's based on a classic fairy tale. It's not that hard to figure out. Most people remember Snow White from the classic Disney film from the late 1930's and the trailers for the film made most people check it out from what I've seen.

SM

SM

And yet Mirror, Mirror only made half of what Snow White did.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Mirror Mirror looked awful. SWatH at least had cool visuals going for it in the trailers.

Mind you, I saw it and found it to be unbearably boring, but my younger sister loved it. Word of mouth in that crowd might help.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: SM on Jul 11, 2012, 08:57:32 PM
QuoteBut then again Pattinson's presence didn't boost anything for Cosmopolis, so...

Might have to wait till after it's been released in the States to accurately judge.

I was unaware it wasn't out yet in States as I have seen it in Poland already...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed