New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 120,885 times)

PAS Spinelli

I'm looking forward to this movie, it's about time we got a Predator prequel, and I'm really glad that this time it's not one that tries to over-explain something that didn't need to be explained while simultaneously almost killing the franchise, like a certain director has been doing recently.

Either way, from the sounds of it, I doubt the Predator will be using any advanced long ranged weapons in this movie, if anything it will probably use more close ranged weapons since it will be fighting humans that don't have any type of firearms, also wondering if the Pred from this movie will be a female too

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 19, 2021, 09:07:16 PM
I'm looking forward to this movie, it's about time we got a Predator prequel, and I'm really glad that this time it's not one that tries to over-explain something that didn't need to be explained while simultaneously almost killing the franchise, like a certain director has been doing recently.

It will be interesting if the viewing order will change for some or many once Skulls is released. It's hard to imagine anything better than the 1987 classic as your introduction to the creature. And in that vien, I hope it's good, especially if Skulls becomes that new entry level. I guess the same could be said for Alien. It would be a shame if new young viewers started with Prometheus, then Alien Covenant, and concluded f*ck this series and give up before the real good stuff.

QuoteEither way, from the sounds of it, I doubt the Predator will be using any advanced long ranged weapons in this movie, if anything it will probably use more close ranged weapons since it will be fighting humans that don't have any type of firearms, also wondering if the Pred from this movie will be a female too

I think the Hunting Grounds bow could work...

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 20, 2021, 02:35:12 PM
I guess the same could be said for Alien. It would be a shame if new young viewers started with Prometheus, then Alien Covenant, and concluded f*ck this series and give up before the real good stuff.

I'm not sure this happens. I've only introduced one person to the franchise in that order (so it's purely anecdotal), but without the baggage of decades of expectation, they quite liked the prequels.

Kradan

They're no The Prequels

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 20, 2021, 09:31:23 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 20, 2021, 02:35:12 PM
I guess the same could be said for Alien. It would be a shame if new young viewers started with Prometheus, then Alien Covenant, and concluded f*ck this series and give up before the real good stuff.

I'm not sure this happens. I've only introduced one person to the franchise in that order (so it's purely anecdotal), but without the baggage of decades of expectation, they quite liked the prequels.
Every person that watches the Prequels first ends up enjoining them over the others since they don't get to see how Ridley f**ked over other media in the franchise to do them, they get the idea that it was always meant that way instead of seeing it as Ridley retconning while giving 0 f**ks

[cancerblack]

Oh no, he ruined Alien Resurrection!

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 20, 2021, 09:50:14 PM
You are being purposely ignorant, but either way, Resurrection is enjoyable while Prometheus isn't ;)

[cancerblack]

I really enjoy both, actually.

Evanus

1992: Oh no this film totally ruined the franchise

1997: Oh no this film totally ruined the franchise

2012: Oh no this film totally ruined the franchise

2017: Oh no this film totally ruined the franchise

[cancerblack]

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 20, 2021, 11:16:10 PM
You are being purposely ignorant, but either way, Resurrection is enjoyable while Prometheus isn't ;)

Eh, I beg to differ

Quote from: Evanus on Feb 20, 2021, 11:56:07 PM

2012: Well, at least it's no Requiem

PAS Spinelli

Alien 3 is better than the other 3, if anything it expanded the Universe more, unlike Prometheus and Covenant which have done everything in their power to retcon the Alien itself

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 21, 2021, 12:28:02 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 20, 2021, 11:16:10 PM

Eh, I beg to differ
Covenant is a boring movie, Resurrection is a bad movie, I can find enjoyment in bad movies, while boring ones put me to sleep

kwisatz

kwisatz

close

Spoiler
[close]

Mr.Turok

I think you might like this Voodoo. He brought up a point even about City Hunter that I didn't even think about, it lacked the skin on the mandibles that would help close the mouth more. Hope whoever works on the Predator design in the new movie understand these points and make a proper Pred.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 21, 2021, 02:38:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNiLv8wBJX4

I think you might like this Voodoo. He brought up a point even about City Hunter that I didn't even think about, it lacked the skin on the mandibles that would help close the mouth more. Hope whoever works on the Predator design in the new movie understand these points and make a proper Pred.
With CH, it always looked more like he was a different individual rather than inconsistent design, the anatomy of the bones in the mouth and mandibles was still the same

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed