Prey to Premiere With Comanche Language Dub!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 07, 2022, 03:13:33 PM

Author
Prey to Premiere With Comanche Language Dub! (Read 8,899 times)

The Shuriken

I'm surprised they had the budget to film a scene in English, then reshoot it in Comanche. Sounds like a long process.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jun 07, 2022, 05:09:56 PMI'm surprised they had the budget to film a scene in English, then reshoot it in Comanche. Sounds like a long process.

They didn't do that. The full Comanche version is a dub.

The Shuriken

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 07, 2022, 05:11:16 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jun 07, 2022, 05:09:56 PMI'm surprised they had the budget to film a scene in English, then reshoot it in Comanche. Sounds like a long process.

They didn't do that. The full Comanche version is a dub.

Awwwww f**king hell. Totally forgot the meaning of the word "dub".

That is not quite as impressive...but oh well.

Mike’s Monsters

Growing up watching Godzilla movies, I'm used to this and the mouths not moving to the English dubs. Think of it this way, you're a person with Comanche in their heritage and speak the language. This may be the first Hollywood movie allowing you to watch it in your own language, something that rarely happens. To me, that's an awesome step towards inclusion of a people that have been ignored for many years. It has to few cool being able to watch that, when it's not something you're able to do often.

Highland

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 07, 2022, 03:56:04 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jun 07, 2022, 03:42:31 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jun 07, 2022, 03:31:32 PMAaaaah..um, what ? I don't get it

Their mouths move in English, comanche comes out.

Pretty cool, although would have been mighty impressive if they duplicated the scenes.

I mean, what's the point? I might've understood if they had spoken in Comanche and were dubbed in English,  to dial up movie's authenticity. But the other way around just seems weird to me

I guess they also had the same feelings at some point that some of us fans had - that it would look weird(ish) in American accents.

I think it's more of an Easter egg, like Logan in black and white.

mike

mike

it says on wikepeida that the cast performed the commache bits also, is that true or its all a dub at the end of the day

Kailem

I'm sure the actual actors dubbed their own lines.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 07, 2022, 06:27:54 PMI'm sure the actual actors dubbed their own lines.

Yep, this. Original actors provided the dub, but it is still nonetheless a dub recorded after the fact.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, Dan confirmed in another interview that the original cast will be providing the dub. Which I'm glad to hear!

St_Eddie

This is the first bit of news about the movie which has piqued my interest in actually watching it.

happypred

Shoulda done it Apocalypto style with original Commanche and Eng subs

Not ideal but will probably still go with the Commanche dub...as listening to the Eng in the trailer was quite jarring to me

Corporal Hicks

QuoteTrachtenberg and Myers also confirmed that originally the film was going to be in Comanche entirely, and though it isn't the film will make movie history and at launch be available in the Comanche language in both subtitles and dubbed audio tracks.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/new-prey-trailer-hulu-predator-director-dan-trachtenberg-new-gadgets/

windebieste

Sweet! The BluRay version will be awesome if both versions are present.

-Windebieste.

BigDaddyJohn

I'm pretty sure she was joking. I get your initial non-excitement for this movie though, but cool to see that it gets you going now that the big marketing has begun. The more the merrier !

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed