Possible Trailer Description?

Started by Darkoo, Dec 01, 2016, 07:45:45 PM

Author
Possible Trailer Description? (Read 44,103 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

I think a quick tease of images would be good enough. I don't want them to blow their load with this. I love the idea of seeing a couple making love in a shower and then the Alien tail comes up between their legs though.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 18, 2016, 06:36:00 PM
I think a quick tease of images would be good enough. I don't want them to blow their load with this. I love the idea of seeing a couple making love in a shower and then the Alien tail comes up between their legs though.

Yeah, I don't.  I think it is base and lowest common denominator.  It's slasher film 101, and that shit just bores me now.  Well, not bores, just I am kinda sick of the endless tying of sex and violence low rent horror movies use to get boobs into a movie.  That kinda vehicle for nudity just feels overplayed and pointless to me.  Alien is a horror movie, not an exploitation film, that kinda scene is right out of the exploitation playbook.

It had impact with Lambert as it was off camera and make entirely more terrifying because we didn't know what fully happened.  Making it incredibly obvious just....It's something right out of the shitty comics or AvP:R.   It reeks of fan-fiction of the lowest order.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: fiveways on Dec 18, 2016, 06:57:55 PM

Yeah, I don't.  I think it is base and lowest common denominator.  It's slasher film 101, and that shit just bores me now.  Well, not bores, just I am kinda sick of the endless tying of sex and violence low rent horror movies use to get boobs into a movie.  That kinda vehicle for nudity just feels overplayed and pointless to me.  Alien is a horror movie, not an exploitation film, that kinda scene is right out of the exploitation playbook.

It had impact with Lambert as it was off camera and make entirely more terrifying because we didn't know what fully happened.  Making it incredibly obvious just....It's something right out of the shitty comics or AvP:R.   It reeks of fan-fiction of the lowest order.

I can see your point, but we don't know how Ridley has shot the scene. I hope he's chosen to shoot the scene with style rather than being explicit. Then again he did direct Hannibal.

BishopShouldGo

Remember, Ridley does have a playful dark side. He's already reached for fruit from the Who Created Us and Why tree with Prometheus, already played around with optimism in The Martian, so it makes sense he wants his next outing to be diametrically opposed. He wants to scratch a different itch this time around.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Gore and nudity can be done artfully and does not equal exploitation, just watch European films instead of hollywood. 

motherfather

motherfather

If theres boobs, there can damn well be penis. Im sick of that double standard.

If theres sexuality in an alien film, there can damn well be homosexuality too. Otherwise, there can damn well be none of any of it, and we just have a good Alien movie without all the amateur horror 101 stuff.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: motherfather on Dec 18, 2016, 08:21:19 PM
If theres boobs, there can damn well be penis. Im sick of that double standard.

If theres sexuality in an alien film, there can damn well be homosexuality too. Otherwise, there can damn well be none of any of it, and we just have a good Alien movie without all the amateur horror 101 stuff.
A Flacid dong is ok, Boners are guaranteed NC-17.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 18, 2016, 07:40:48 PM

Gore and nudity can be done artfully and does not equal exploitation, just watch European films instead of hollywood.

Last I looked at a map Italy was part of the EU, and was the exploitation capital of the world for many many years and is probably the most celebrated country for horror movies outside of the USA.

Don't even bother with the recent trend of dressed up french exploitation films.  They are still, at their core, exploitation films.  Well made films, and I won't say enjoyable, but excel at being excellent feel bad movies.  .

Look I know you can do gore and nudity with taste (kinda),  Lucio Fulci's "The Beyond" is one of my favourite movies of all time and it is a gorefest of the cheapest kind.  I adore "Possession", the 1981 Sam Neill version.  I love horror films but I don't like 99% of slasher films, with the first Halloween being the big exception to that rule.  When I see someone say "Oh shit I hope someone gets a tail up their crotch" (I'm paraphrasing, but we all know that is where a tail between there legs is going) I shutter as it is so f**king base.  It's the gorehound side of horror I have never really gotten.

CainsSon

CainsSon

I just want to see if Im on the same page now -

So we are EXPECTING the trailer in 8 days or so, BASED ENTIRELY ON, the fact that the press embargo lifts then? Or we have some other concrete information? Like the release of Assassin's Creed?
Im so confused.

windebieste

windebieste

Nothing has been confirmed by any Official sources.  Fox has not announced any trailer release date. 

-Windebieste.

newagescamartist

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 18, 2016, 07:08:36 PM

I can see your point, but we don't know how Ridley has shot the scene. I hope he's chosen to shoot the scene with style rather than being explicit. Then again he did direct Hannibal.

The scene where Hannibal feeds Ray Liotta his own brain was great.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: newagescamartist on Dec 19, 2016, 03:57:18 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 18, 2016, 07:08:36 PM

The scene where Hannibal feeds Ray Liotta his own brain was great.

I always thought that was more funny. The part where Mason Verger feeds his face to the dogs is what got me.

"Now that's entertainment!"

DGSimo

DGSimo

Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 19, 2016, 03:16:08 AM

So we are EXPECTING the trailer in 8 days or so, BASED ENTIRELY ON, the fact that the press embargo lifts then? Or we have some other concrete information? Like the release of Assassin's Creed?
Im so confused.

Actually I think it could be still with Assassin's Creed. Apparently the trailer played before Rogue One in a theater in Jamaica. lol

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 19, 2016, 03:16:08 AM

Im so confused.

No official announcement but it was intimated to me by Fox that we'd be seeing it when the embargo ended. I'm expecting some sort of tease before hand so hopefully we'll know soon.

fiveways

fiveways

How the f**k did the Blade Runner trailer make it out before this one?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed