Possible Trailer Description?

Started by Darkoo, Dec 01, 2016, 07:45:45 PM

Author
Possible Trailer Description? (Read 44,106 times)

BishopShouldGo

Fifield was terrified not Millburn.

nanison

nanison

Stop defending the stupid action by the prometheus characters. It's inexcusable. The film is a mess but still easily the 3rd best in the franchise and hopefully the start of an amazing trilogy!

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 17, 2016, 04:43:25 PM
Fifield was terrified not Millburn.

Check again. "Yeah... ship's good..."

He wanted to abandon the discovery and run back to the ship with Fifield.

BishopShouldGo

He wanted Fifield to like him.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 17, 2016, 06:19:28 PM

I don't want this to get too OT but I think the insinuation is that they both smoked the weed Fifield was smoking and that made them a bit poor in the decision making realm - when they encounter that snake - perhaps. I really think that the things people often site for why Prometheus is bad, seem mostly inconsequential. Like this, the running -and there is a shot in the film wher eyou see them try to scatter but they can't get far enough away - or the Pain Management Shaw seems to endure - That one, especially is wrong... There are drugs like Fentanyl or Dental Anesthetics which can already completely numb and localize a functioning part of the body. The things that really bother me are the inconsistencies with tone, the editing, the cut scenes, and some of the design. Specifically the hologram tech of the Engineers, not fitting in the Giger-aesthetic. Unless Scott eventually rights that wrong, by explaining that the Giger stuff was introduced and mingled with Engineer tech... That's the real problem FOR ME.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 17, 2016, 07:11:32 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 17, 2016, 06:19:28 PM

I don't want this to get too OT but I think the insinuation is that they both smoked the weed Fifield was smoking and that made them a bit poor in the decision making realm - when they encounter that snake - perhaps. I really think that the things people often site for why Prometheus is bad, seem mostly inconsequential. Like this, the running -and there is a shot in the film wher eyou see them try to scatter but they can't get far enough away - or the Pain Management Shaw seems to endure - That one, especially is wrong... There are drugs like Fentanyl or Dental Anesthetics which can already completely numb and localize a functioning part of the body. The things that really bother me are the inconsistencies with tone, the editing, the cut scenes, and some of the design. Specifically the hologram tech of the Engineers, not fitting in the Giger-aesthetic. Unless Scott eventually rights that wrong, by explaining that the Giger stuff was introduced and mingled with Engineer tech... That's the real problem FOR ME.
Amen to that brother!

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 17, 2016, 07:11:32 PMI think the insinuation is that they both smoked the weed Fifield was smoking and that made them a bit poor in the decision making realm - when they encounter that snake - perhaps.

The weed was introduced in the same scene in which they died. No argument with any of your other points, though.

But yes, this is getting pretty OT.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Indeed, this thread is about the Alien: Covenant trailer description.

The discussion with regards to Prometheus' issues can be continued here:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55704.0

Xenorgue

Xenorgue

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 17, 2016, 03:44:45 PM
Quote from: Bworko on Dec 17, 2016, 09:50:14 AM
Fifield does not have the map !!!! There's nothing on his wrist. Stop telling stupid things! The plan of the temple appears in the Prometheus ship and not on the handle. One should look at prometheus with a little more attention.

He could have asked Janek for directions !!!! Stop telling stupid things! You should look at prometheus with a little more attention.

He would have but he did not. I do not see how that is an inconsistency. Plus what you say makes no sense. I can watch so many times the movie, if this scene is not in the movie then it is not.
And frodon could have gone to the mountain of destiny on the back of an eagle without passing all the stages and yet it does not make the lord of the rings a bad film. I do not understand the people who search for the smallest harm for this film.

It is not because people here have not loved the film that I have to submit to the general opinion. I liked Prometheus and I'm glad it exists. It is the beginning of a great saga.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 17, 2016, 09:40:57 PM
Indeed, this thread is about the Alien: Covenant trailer description.

The discussion with regards to Prometheus' issues can be continued here:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55704.0

EH-HEHEH-HEM!

So this 'shower scene' in the trailer we have heard about. It does sound a bit like the tail may go places similar to the insinuation between Lambert's - I mean, like we all sorta deduced between her legs where the - The place where some people might also try to stab - Oh nevermind.

I realize the Pot-Smoking in Prometheus occurs after they get lost, but it does at least explain him trying to touch the snake that later violently rapes his mouth.

Necronomicon II

Milburn and Fifield were initially freaked by the single, decapitated engineer, but later when they're wondering around post-storm - when they both find the large pile of engineer corpses - they're fascinated and inspect them, Fifield remarking how it looks like a painting. So one could argue that they had come to grips with the situation by that point. They both had access to number co-ordinates on their wrist devices, so they relied on that without Janek's help. That was complete foolishness on their part, but had the scene where Milburn spots the shed xeno skin (or was it 'pede skin?) been left in, that would have certainly helped, since that was clearly the wrong tunnel direction, and that should have been placed right after you see David stash the ampule. Man, I really hope we get a special edition, it won't be on the level of Kingdom of Heaven's transformative extended cut, but it would improve it. Anyway, back to the OT, I'm excited for this trailer and I think it's the right move to let Rogue One have centre stage right now.

juxtapose

juxtapose

well in another thread in witch i for some reason can't state an opinion. . Their was this himmelblau guy, he got very tense about the fact that the trailer has'nt dropped yet. .i think the reason it's taken this long is cause fox suddenly changed the release date by 2 and a half months. . So now their deadlines are screwed and things are a bit frantic. . At the same time they want to release a trailor that does the movie some justice. . I think the wait is gonna be worth our while. . Having said that. . Patience is running short. . I am hoping santa will deliver us that trailer. . No later than the 25. . Please!!!!

. .besides what is the advantage of having a trailer released so far ahead of a movie. . Mad max fury road had their trailor released like about 9 months before the movies release. . And one can only watch a trailer so many times.. .jist gives us way to much time to pick every detail apart and come up with what may be the whole f**king plot. . It's not something ridley or fox desires much i think. . I think the trailer for prometheus was a bit premature and spoiled the movie a bit.. .especially considering it was leaked first in atrocious quality. .still almost sure that was a fox marketing ploy. .

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 18, 2016, 02:06:19 AMI realize the Pot-Smoking in Prometheus occurs after they get lost, but it does at least explain him trying to touch the snake that later violently rapes his mouth.

I wouldn't have come back to this if you didn't, but:

Fifield smoking pot explains Milburn touching the snake?

Infected

Infected

I think they are polishing the trailer as we speak and maybe insert something more or take something out,
lets face it, how much do you wanna show the audience 5 months before coming out.
Do you wanna see the neomorphs already in a trailer??

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 17, 2016, 03:52:38 PM
I love Prometheus, but the one that gets me is that Milburn (a biologist) is terrified of a 2000 year-old dead alien body, but totally in love with a living alien in an obviously threatening posture. It just don't jive.

Well if you just landed a few hours on a planet that they say its probably of your maker Jesus and not Kanye West,
you just woke up after two years, go into an alien temple, find a bunch of dead bodies and they are f**king giants!!!
Yes that would freak me out a little and when im sitting down and a small snake comes toward me, it could be i wont be much afraid of such a small creature, its just small reasoning from my side but, i think the giant aspect plays a part.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Infected on Dec 18, 2016, 12:30:06 PM
I think they are polishing the trailer as we speak and maybe insert something more or take something out,
lets face it, how much do you wanna show the audience 5 months before coming out.
Do you wanna see the neomorphs already in a trailer??

I'm hoping they don't show the Neomorph for a while. I reckon they're going to really play up the Alien angle of it though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed