Advent & Other Deletes

Started by juhuston, Aug 02, 2017, 12:21:06 AM

Author
Advent & Other Deletes (Read 18,039 times)

juhuston

juhuston

My Queen!!!  He'll perfect her?!  Whoa!  They just had to use the word "queen" huh?  YUM!

PLUS it's nice how -- even though they're not the most loved -- Ridley pays homage to Alien: Ressurection and AVP as much as he does.  Maybe I'm reading too much into the greenhouse scene...  kill me

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

?

Though I agree, there are pleasant nods to Resurrection in Covenant.

Read the summary of Advent. Sounds like a cool scene. Hope we get that full story of what happened on those 10 years at some point.

CelticP

CelticP

Advent is so great. It's exactly what I wanted from hearing the leaks a while back.

I'm super jazzed for the next one, but uh..that probably won't happen. Shame too. David's threat is awesome and I prefer that over a rehash of Cameron's film.

windebieste

windebieste

We'll get more.  Fox still sees life in the 'ALIEN' series.  After all, it survived a decade of mediocrity lashed to 'PREDATOR'.

Glad they got a divorce.  lol.

Fox aren't going to let this series go easily.  It's worth too much to them.  Just give it time.  Official announcements are much more valuable and relevant than rumors spread by industry journals with so called 'sources'. 

Besides, Scott wants to make more 'ALIEN' movies - and Fox wants to as well.   It's in everyone's interest.   So there's no point getting down and out over what amounts to a single source rumor that won't even provide a citation beyond what effectively amounts to 'we heard whispers in the dark'.  f**k that.

-Windebieste.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 02, 2017, 05:28:16 AM
We'll get more.  Fox still sees life in the 'ALIEN' series.  After all, it survived a decade of mediocrity lashed to 'PREDATOR'.

Glad they got a divorce.  lol.

Fox aren't going to let this series go easily.  It's worth too much to them.  Just give it time.  Official announcements are much more valuable and relevant than rumors spread by industry journals with so called 'sources'. 

Besides, Scott wants to make more 'ALIEN' movies - and Fox wants to as well.   It's in everyone's interest.   So there's no point getting down and out over what amounts to a single source rumor that won't even provide a citation beyond what effectively amounts to 'we heard whispers in the dark'.  f**k that.

-Windebieste.

Fassbender seems to be a total admirer of Scott too and it seemed that he really enjoyed making both films and his status as a vehicle for ALIEN.

CelticP

CelticP

I'll take a live webcam series of David just being David at this point.

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 02, 2017, 01:55:49 AM
?

Though I agree, there are pleasant nods to Resurrection in Covenant.

Read the summary of Advent. Sounds like a cool scene. Hope we get that full story of what happened on those 10 years at some point.

Where is everyone reading about these?

locusta

locusta

so, is it anywhere to watch?

CelticP

CelticP

Buy the digital version on ITunes for 20 bucks.

Or wait 15 days?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Here's a summary. Can't speak for if it's accurate, but if it is, there's some interesting stuff:
https://youtu.be/9kN-IyrGsw4

Still haven't seen it, but the line about the Engineers "casting out the wolves" will no doubt be point of interesting debate. I've seen some comments saying that confirms the "two-factions"' idea and others saying the wolves are the xenos, and that the line confirms the Engineers made them.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: CelticP on Aug 02, 2017, 03:40:26 PM
Buy the digital version on ITunes for 20 bucks.

Or wait 15 days?
15 days? Don't want to rain on your parade but he's not gonna last 15 hours...his excitement and curiosity are gonna burn him up from within and he's gonna he's gonna he's gonna FLIP OUT!

Ultramorph

Protozoid

Protozoid

Since this is meant to parallel Paradise Lost, I think the "wolves" are Engineer outcasts like the fallen angels and Lucifer, not the xenomorphs.

Edit: I'm less sure after hearing David say he's "found his wolf" while looking at a xeno egg.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Yeah, that seems rather definitive. Lends some weight to the comics where the Engineers are wiping out the Aliens and Chris says " I don't think you were even meant to be."

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 02, 2017, 06:38:10 PM
Yeah, that seems rather definitive. Lends some weight to the comics where the Engineers are wiping out the Aliens and Chris says " I don't think you were even meant to be."

Who is Chris? Oram?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed