Sigourney Weaver Says ‘Ship Has Sailed’ on Fifth ‘Alien’ Movie

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 26, 2023, 10:45:59 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Says ‘Ship Has Sailed’ on Fifth ‘Alien’ Movie (Read 21,830 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

Chances are the Blomkamp film could've good, it could've bad but we never got that film, people had the sorry it hitches the timeline but that's already happened with Alien vs Predator and Prometheus contradicting each other. It looks impossible will see Alien 5 following Alien Resurrection, not 100% unlikely but very slim. Would be been nice to see Ripley one last but it doesn't look that way anytime soon.

judge death

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 28, 2023, 02:45:07 PMChances are the Blomkamp film could've good, it could've bad but we never got that film, people had the sorry it hitches the timeline but that's already happened with Alien vs Predator and Prometheus contradicting each other. It looks impossible will see Alien 5 following Alien Resurrection, not 100% unlikely but very slim. Would be been nice to see Ripley one last but it doesn't look that way anytime soon.

Alien vs predator is a spinn off movie, has nothing to do with the alien lore. ;)

Well by how fast AI is developing and we seen in star wars: Making alien 5 with Ripley and Hicks wont be hard, just deep fake them like how disney did with leia, luke, tarkin and thrawn etc.

skhellter

Quote from: TC on Apr 28, 2023, 12:38:23 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Apr 28, 2023, 12:47:15 AMDo it as an animated feature.

Blompkamp has been doing full cg shorts as of late for Off the Grid. Use the Love Death Robots style.... full performance capture.

As an animation it'll be more easily understood as a piece that is "outside" the main continuity.

Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUARMF9cf04

no. like the cg episodes in https://youtu.be/wUFwunMKa4E

Charles

I really would like to see a alien 5 even if it doesn't star sigourney weaver.

GreybackElder

As much as I love sigourney weaver I'm not sure I'd want to see her reprise her role. Alien and Aliens are classics nothing will change that. Let someone one else carry the torch. But please for godsakes let it not be a Ripley clone. I don't want to see a girl in a tank top with a Flame thrower. It would just remind me that I could be watching a better movie with a better cast. Let the main protagonist be something completely  different. I'd love to see the next alien film pull a Prey and flip the gender roles as the main character. It would work to its benefit.

XENOMORPHOSIS

That would be one way of looking at it however Alien Vs Predator feature Weyland Industries the precursor to the company and Charles Bishop Weyland the man who was the model for Bishop linking Alien Vs Predator to the Alien films, some may dismiss the event of this films as what if.

Dunno if events of later Alien films will be explored or if Disney/Fox will just stick to standalone entries.

Challengerrtfan

A dagger to the heart. Hard to,forgive Ridley for denying this opportunity  :'(

nanison

Good I don't need to see a grandma ripley. I will remember her as the young sexy warrior of the first 2 films

TC

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 28, 2023, 10:02:24 PM
Quote from: TC on Apr 28, 2023, 12:38:23 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Apr 28, 2023, 12:47:15 AMDo it as an animated feature.

Blompkamp has been doing full cg shorts as of late for Off the Grid. Use the Love Death Robots style.... full performance capture.

As an animation it'll be more easily understood as a piece that is "outside" the main continuity.

Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUARMF9cf04

no. like the cg episodes in https://youtu.be/wUFwunMKa4E

Yeah, that's some quality stuff.

And I agree with you about animation helping to guide the audience's understanding of the alt-universe nature of a story. Resident Evil has been doing this for years to separate the films from the Japanese anime, and the anime from the games.

TC

Kradan

Quote from: nanison on Apr 30, 2023, 05:16:12 PMsexy warrior

I think you watched the wrong movie

BlueMarsalis79

@Mike's Monsters @Corporal Hicks

Divluge what you know so I can stop seeing shit like this:

Mike’s Monsters

I can't say anything unfortunately, unless the individuals who I was speaking to that were involved with the project comes out and shares it themselves.

Fox probably is going to be very tight lipped on the project, and don't want any info coming out for a while. One personal example I've mentioned before is that I photographed the maquette ADI made of the big chap that Blomkamp gifted to Joe Rogan after his appearance on JR's podcast. Joe shared photos of it, but I cannot publicly share my photographs. We've all seen the thing, but I can't share. It's all silly.

But I do admit, it is very entertaining listening to these theories that people pull out of their asses. Just sucks that it gets them so many views with all the false information and some take it all as fact.

Even the reasoning why the film was canned hasn't been fully spoken about with all the details, only elaborated on. There's a lot there that people don't know or won't even want to accept if the info comes out (One being the messy script, many just don't want to admit that could be a possibility because they want Ripley, Hicks and Newt back). So many politics involved.

BlueMarsalis79

I know just asked in jest, I would never ask anyone personally to jeopardize their connections and reputation.

It would be just so awful if someone just posted it anonymously somewhere with a Virtual Private Network. That way no one can be held accountable. The rapscallions!

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 30, 2023, 07:42:06 PMI know just asked in jest, I would never ask anyone personally to jeopardize their connections and reputation.

It would be just so awful if someone just posted it anonymously somewhere with a Virtual Private Network. That way no one can be held accountable. The rapscallions!

Trust me, it drives me crazy not being able to say anything about what I've seen or know. It's a whole different vibe being on the other side.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed